Our anniversary was a good night and definitely a fun way to celebrate five years of happiness together. After a grueling 2-hour drive of bumper-to-bumper traffic (from Milwaukee to Chicago), the mister was exhausted and ready to relax. But instead we had to immediately leave for the ballet, without food or drinks or anything to get us by. It turned out okay and we had a great time watching dancers glide across the stage. While I did not enjoy the costumes on the ballerina's, the show itself was delightful and I'm glad we can check the Joffrey Ballet off our to-do list. Some highlights of the weekend include::
- Discovering that our cheap seats at the ballet were really some of the best in the house
- Post-ballet tapas and sangria at Azucar, which included a window seat to watch the snow
- An entire Saturday spent at home in our pj's
- An entire Sunday spent at home in our pj's, with the exception of the 45 minute walk we took around the neighborhood for fresh air and exercise
- Delicious food aside from the tapas, which included "chicken" pot pie, almond milk milkshakes, cheese souffle and baked oatmeal
- The Oscars!
How were your weekends?