Crafty question...

Anyone know how to update really horrid picture frames? Let me be more specific...

Yesterday, I got down to doing some serious bedroom re-modeling. I got inspired by some neat door knobs from Anthropologie (I can't find the exact ones online, probably because they were in the sale, but when my bedroom ends up looking fabulous, you'll get pictures!).


I have some big nasty plastic frames that hold a couple of big fin de siècle prints. They're simple black and plastic and I hate them. I've looked for new frames and either nothing's the right size (the prints are from the UK, so they're a little different to the sizes you typically get over here) or anything that is the right size and that I like, I can't afford. So, I'd like to update them. They're too big for the prints, so I was thinking of doing something inside the outer edge of the frame - ideas, please!


I'd really appreciate the input of all you crafty folk, so please get your thinking caps on and let me know what you think.

Thank you :-)

3 comments:

Sarah Esther April 12, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

spray paint goes a LONG way... and textured spray paint, well that's just another story :) I have fun with mixing colors and creating my own textures by sanding and re painting! check youtube!

Anna-Maria April 12, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

Thanks Sarah, that sounds like a very promising idea. And speedy (hopefully) - I want results quick w/these! Any specific spray paint I should/shouldn't use on plastic?
a-m x

Celine April 14, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

No advice but so weird - I had both of those posters up in my college dorm room. - oh, and thank you for the award! I have to think if I know of 12 people to tag :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails