Messy buns

And I'm not talking about anything dirty here folks.  Just some good clean hair talk.

I have really thin hair.  It sucks.  It's also straight as an arrow.  So I'm not able to pull much off because it never lasts.  Which makes me a little worried about wedding day hair, but I'll worry about that later.  The real problem is, I don't know how to successfully pull my hair back and make it look cute and messy at the same time.  SERIOUSLY, I don't.  I want it to look like this:


But alas, it just falls right down, the bun NEVER looks like that because I don't have enough hair to "make it work".  I want it to look like this sometimes:



But that never works out either.  I tried following these instructions, but failed. What is wrong with me!?!



I just want cute buns huns! 

3 comments:

Anonymous,  February 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM  

I used the tutorial that a Cup of Jo used on that last photo; and totally fell in love. I wore my hair in that bun every day for at least a month after she posted that. I do have thicker hair, so I was able to pin everything up with just a few bobby pins. But I don't see the harm in maybe using a rubberband to help?

Unknown February 19, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

Yeah, when she originally posted it I tried and tried and it looked really silly on me each time. Sometimes I can get the messy bun look to succeed, but those are usually on nights when I sweat it up doing yoga at home and stay in my pj's with the boy. Ah well. I'll keep practicing :)

ray gun February 22, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

Maybe you should try a smaller rubber band.... rubber instead of fabric so it won't slide about. In my experience with messy buns, the hair tie is crucial. There's nothing more annoying than finally getting it to look the way you want and having a rogue chunk come shooting out to the side, followed promptly by the whole delicate structure disintegrating before my very eyes.... Seriously, I've had to redo my hair 10 times in a night. Lame. Oooh, hey, hair spray might help as well to give the strands a rigid feel, all the while holding it in place.



PS- Does this post sound dirty?

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails