Ad Astra Per Aspera


Today, January 29th, marks the day which my home state was admitted to the union.  Every year on this day I feel the need to celebrate all things Kansas.  I think that might stem from the fact that Kansas day was a really big deal in elementary school - we always had an assembly and spent the learning day celebrating the best of the state's history.  This day reminds me of many good times in my life, of good people I celebrated with who still remain my friends and of all the things that bring a smile to my face when I think about my 22 years in the sunflower state.  

Even though the Jayhawks lost this weekend, and I can't come close to having a beer from the best brewery in the world, I'm still going to celebrate.  I will listen to this band (reminds me of my years in Lawrence), maybe try to hunt down a sunflower or two to brighten up our home and think about all of my friends and family back home.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!

4 comments:

Sara January 29, 2012 at 4:19 PM  

Yeahhhhh Kansas!

Now if I could just find a way to magically teleport you some Free State brews ...

colleen January 29, 2012 at 8:35 PM  

i love my home state (virginia) in the same way. happy kansas day to you!

Amanda Marshall January 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM  

Happy Kansas day (: Here's to a fabulous state!!

and here's to becoming your newest follower! (:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails