Thursday's Randoms


I've been smiling ever since I spotted this vintage poster.  I imagine it must have been pretty cool to have this hanging in your room as a young teenage girl back in the day.  Part of it is also kind of gross, too.  Hah!  Whose lips would you be smooching?  My vote is for George.  Via


The color combination that is gray and aqua is by far one of my favorite color combinations ever.  Comine that with paneled walls and pops of color here and there and I think we've achieved perfection.  Now I just need to find a way to incorporate this into our home!


I've been pouring through Old Loves today and couldn't stop laughing when I came across Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh on their wedding day in 1989.  Look at that dress! Oh.  My.


This beautiful grecian gown from designer Katie Jean is quite lovely, and I'm rather fond of her styling in the rest of her shop.  If you're a bride-to-be and want to support an up-and-coming designer, be sure to head to her shop and check out her designs.  It could be a perfect match!



Are you as intrigued by this as I? I found this recipe from 101 Cookbooks for lemony olive oil banana bread.  I love a twist on any classic recipe - and I just so happen to have an overstock of frozen brown bananas perfect for bread.  We also just so happen to be hosting the in-laws for dinner tonight so this may end up on the menu.

What's inspiring you today? And what are you up to? It's been a CRAZY week around here.  The husband was out of town, Stevie hit her "ohmygodI'macrazypuppyandIcan'tstopbitingyouandcryingandbarkingandI'mgoingtodriveyouallstarkravingmad" phase and there were 4 reported tornadoes in the Louisville area on Tuesday.  Then it snowed a bit that night.  Crazy, right?  One of the tornadoes just so happened to be a few miles away from our house/the doctor's office.  We were all huddled in a windowless room at work, with patients and people who work upstairs.  The sirens were blaring, a funnel cloud was looming over the city and there was a calm before the storm.  Holy shishkaballs.

15 comments:

AbbieBabble January 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM  

Emma Thompson's dress cracks me up. I love her, but what a choice!

Gabriella January 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM  

These made my day!
PS I don't know if you've ever read the "Ya-Ya Sisterhood" series, but in one of those books, Sidda has a Beatles poster just like that and the girls debated on end about which one they would smooch.

vintch January 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM  

such fabulous finds! that dress is hilarious and reminds me of lilly's flower girl dress on last night's "modern family." just google it if you didn't see it:) same level of tackiness, same level of AWESOMENESS! haha

Tang January 19, 2012 at 12:43 PM  

I'd go with George too hehe. :)

Leslie January 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM  

Poor Emma Thompson! I love that color combination too.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. January 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM  

yikes! crazy weather. beee safe! LOVE that beatles poster tho. ive always had a crush on paul :) xo

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots January 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM  

Such a fun collection of images. Obsessed with the House Beautiful shot!

Megan @ Pink O'Clock January 19, 2012 at 3:09 PM  

ooh, the gray and aqua is perfect. and love that gold frame on the door, too.

rebecca January 19, 2012 at 5:42 PM  

olive oil in a dessert? I gotta try to believe.

Minted Magazine January 19, 2012 at 5:46 PM  

Such lovely photos!



Minted Magazine


mintedmag.com

Michelle January 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM  

I do love that Beatles poster.

colleen January 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM  

yikes! glad everything is ok there. also, yikes to emma. just...yikes.

Tracey January 20, 2012 at 2:35 AM  

Goodness, what's been inspiring me ... well I think this very post has done some inspiring of its own. :)

I love that Beatles poster - I would totally have planted a kiss on George too! ;)

That photo of Emma and Kenneth is quite awful ... the eighties seem like sooooo long ago when I see fashions like that.

I've had a busy week filled with writing, gyming and de-cluttering the house ... so same old, same old for me really! :)

PS. That tornado story is scary!!

Jess January 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM  

OH wow, I love Emma Thompson but who would've thought?!?! I guess we can forgive her since it WAS the 80's....

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails