Thursday's Randoms


The mister and I have been in talks about the bathroom in our bedroom and how we will fix it up.  Right now it's pretty "meh".  The paint is not at all appealing to me, but it's been tolerable.   The countertops are perfectly fine and so is the shower, but it's not very tranquil and that is something I definitely long for.  Plus, it doesn't even begin to match our bedroom, as that was the first room we painted.  I would love to be able to recreate this bathroom - view included.  Although our view is pretty rad if I do say so.  It overlooks a meadow and many mornings I have looked out and watched groups of deer frolicking, with their fluffy white tails bobbing up and down.  I'm thinking we'll paint the walls the same shade of minty blue green as our bedroom and hang wainscot halfway up the walls.  We'll add some shelves and pops of red and voila, the perfect bathroom shall transpire!


Between taking care of Stevie, work and well, taking care of Stevie, there hasn't been much motivation to knit.  I've been trying to work on finishing up a last-minute Christmas gift (that obviously didn't really turn out to be a last-minute gift considering it's mid-January practically and it's no where near being done) and still have a lot to do, but when I'm done, I'm thinking this beautiful pattern is my next project.  The last hat I knit for myself was definitely a learning project.  It was completely unwearable even though it looked good over all.  


How chic are these mittens?  I love the zipper and I love how warm they are making me feel.  They're on sale, too!


I purchased a bar of soap a few months ago from a boutique here in Louisville and I've been loving the way it feels and smells.  If you're in the Brooklyn area, check out Saipua - a family-owned soap and flower shop with amazing scents.  They're carefully handmade in the store and they have some pretty great packaging too, might I add.  If you're not in Brooklyn, the soaps are sold across the US!  I have the gardener's soap and I love it, but I really wish I could wash my hands with the coffee mint right about now!

So many of us are experiencing winter today - finally.  Since I have the day off, I'm thinking that curling up by the window with a book is the best idea.  

Happy Thursday, everyone! What's inspiring you today?

24 comments:

Bud and Leo January 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM  

love love love those mittens! Ive never seen anything like them- so chic!

siddathornton January 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM  

i want to knit myself a neck-warmer, but i am totally nervous about trying a pattern. the only thing i've ever knit are two scarves.

Mal January 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM  

love that last photo, it is raining here and not snowing, it makes me long for a proper winter (it's almost 50 in Boston today, so odd)

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

rooth January 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM  

Ooh, I'm glad you have the day off. Enjoy the snow and all the coziness that comes along with it

Alexa January 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM  

Loving those mittens...so chic and cozy too!

AbbieBabble January 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM  

Curling up with a book sounds so lovely right now. ESPECIALLY if I could wear that hat while I did it.

m_b January 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM  

the bathroom ideas sound awesome! :) let us know how it turns out! :)

The Olive Tree Blog January 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM  

You can never go wrong with re-doing a bathroom! Love the photos...off to swoon at all your pinterest pins ;)

vintch January 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
vintch January 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM  

love all these little inspirations:) that stack of books looks downright lovely! and those gloves!

p.s. my bathroom needs a re-do too, stat!

Johanna January 12, 2012 at 1:24 PM  

Those mittens are the bomb.com (yes, I said that) I mean if mittens could be bad a@#...those would be.

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling January 12, 2012 at 2:39 PM  

These images are lovely! Thank you for posting them!

Marissa B. January 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM  

Great post - those mittens are the answer to my cold hands' prayers!

A Crimson Kiss January 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM  

That bathroom is absolutely incredible-our rental shower just isn't cutting it anymore!

And curling up with a book in front of the window sounds absolutely amazing, especially if there's a pup in your lap to keep you warm!

Leslie January 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM  

I'm totally down with curling up with a book. Those stitches are beautiful!

Mel January 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM  

I love that last photo. It makes me feel cozy and content.

Gloria January 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM  

Ooh a minty green bathroom sounds super cute, and I love those badass mittens!

Tracey January 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM  

Those mittens are lovely ... and I'm so with you on having a 'meh' bathroom ... although that view you speak of sounds anything but! :)

I love the sound of that soap too ... coffee mint sounds divine! :)

Punctuation Mark January 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM  

i love the last image... very calming!

Jess January 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM  

Oh I need to get my hands on some of that soap! So pretty!

colleen January 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM  

those mittens are pretty badass. i really like them.

Unknown January 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM  

That bathroom is so dreamy...those mittens are amazing...and I love Saipua's floral work (I had no idea they also do soaps!) All of you random goodness makes me happy :) XO brynn

Morgan//Nuts and Bows January 13, 2012 at 12:12 AM  

love all of these pics! they looks so comfy and cozy!

Meet Virginia

Lindsay [rookie's nest] January 15, 2012 at 7:49 PM  

holy CRAP those mitts are amazing!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails