Dream Kitchens





We spend a lot of time in the kitchen and we're always bumping into each other or knocking things off the counter.  There's not enough room to store everything and we have no pantry.  We have seriously maxed out our kitchen space and there are things like our mixer that we got for the wedding that is still in its box in our spare room because it has nowhere to go.  It's sad, really.  So one of our requirements for buying a house is that it has to have a big kitchen.  No matter what.  That room is really important to both of us so it's one of those things we can't compromise on (watch, the house of my dreams will be perfect except for that big kitchen.  Who knows though, if that happens maybe we could figure out a way to knock out a wall and expand? I can dream, right?)

I'd love to have any of these fabulous kitchens.  They're open and full of storage, and the natural color palette has me not only inspired to bake but leaves me feeling weak in the knees.

Images via House Beautiful

16 comments:

alexandra grecco January 11, 2011 at 1:10 PM  

Yes!

xo

Alexandra

www.alexandragrecco.etsy.com

AbbieBabble January 11, 2011 at 1:16 PM  

Yes, please. I spend more time in my kitchen than any other room in my house, so it's always important to me to have a good one. These are gorgeous!

Erin January 11, 2011 at 1:21 PM  

I'm wishing for a kitchen like that as well. But for now my 8 foot by 3 foot kitchen will have to do. Dumb NYC apartments!!

Hinshaw January 11, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

One of the most difficult things to perfect in a kitchen is height. Even though Ryan and I are both pretty tall, it's always a struggle to creative storage spaces that BOTH of us can access. I can't imagine the challenge you and Badge will have in designer an equal-height-opportunity kitchen!

Michelle January 11, 2011 at 5:43 PM  

I like the mix of white cabinets with some wood, in this kitchen. Kitchens are really the heart of a home!

Style, She Wrote January 11, 2011 at 7:50 PM  

Wow! That kitchen is absolutely amazing. Literally right out of my dreams... xo style, she wrote

S and O January 11, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

Oh I second that!
Your dream is my dream now!
Those kitchens are heaven :D

Xoxo
Sarah

Tiffany Kadani January 11, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

I am sighing all over! Kitchens are so important to me also. Love all of these!

Anonymous,  January 11, 2011 at 10:04 PM  

I feel you. I'm in the same boat. I love to cook, but our kitchen is a tiny, ity bity thing. I've been in bathrooms much bigger. I hope you get your dream kitchen soon:)

size too small January 12, 2011 at 1:52 AM  

whenever we're in the kitchen together we're also constantly bumping into one another. i couldnt even begin to imagine having a kitchen like this all for my own.

annas paraply January 12, 2011 at 9:40 AM  

I like the yellow and white togehter, can I please get a kitchen like that as well!

Silver Strands January 12, 2011 at 9:40 AM  

Wow. I need a kitchen makeover ... it would be my favorite place to hang out if I had one of those!
oxoxo
Denalee

A Crimson Kiss January 12, 2011 at 11:10 AM  

First it's dream vacations, now heavenly kitchens? I'm right there with you-in fact, the kitchen is the reason I jumped on our little San Francisco apartment. The rest of it was nice enough, but the high ceilings and counter space in the kitchen sold me, and I wrote her a check right then and there!

Kirby Margaret January 12, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

one thing I can not wait for when we are starting to look at homes to buy is planning for the kitchen! I would do a total remodel to get a kitchen that works for me. I mean, it is one of the most used rooms in a home, it might as well be beautiful, right?!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails