Homemade ravioli

For Christmas, I bought the mister a pasta roller that he had been wanting ever since the idea of a wedding gift registry entered our minds.  The one I found is small enough to fit in one of our few cabinets but versatile enough to make all kinds of pasta in different shapes and sizes.  Ravioli has been on our to-do list for quite some time now and last night just seemed like the perfect night to try it out.

After several trips to different grocery stores, we finally had what we needed (we didn't need Semolina flour after all, kind of annoying considering I went to multiple grocery stores to find it).  I watched as he smoothed out the pasta dough (?) in the roller over and over again.  After about what felt like 100 times through the roller, we were ready to fill the ravioli.   Being the genius/practical man he is, he decided to mix our leftover mashed sweet potatoes (made southwest style, yum) with ricotta as our filling.  It was awesome to say the least.


About 6 minutes later, we were ready to eat!


Paired with homemade sourdough bread covered in garlic butter and a vodka soda with lemon, we totally feasted like royalty!

Last, we finished off the night with some lemon meltaways that I had made for our friends' birthdays (muahaha, I only baked half of the recipe for them and saved the other half for us)


* Sorry for the poor quality photos as of late.  My photography skills only come out to play when they really want to.  I just really wanted you to see just how delicious our dinner was...

16 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts January 11, 2011 at 11:52 AM  

Oh yum- what a great dinner- I have never tried making my own pasta but we do go through a lot of ravioli-

AbbieBabble January 11, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

Man, everyone in the blogosphere has been making homemade ravioli lately. I think it's time to get on that train- it all looks delicious!

jeanette from everton terrace January 11, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

Oh this gluten-free girl is drooling all over herself, want. it. all.

Jenny N January 11, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

yum! I've made those meltaways too, they are awesome!

A Crimson Kiss January 11, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

Mmm-I'm drooling! Homemade raviolis sound too delicious to resist!

Michelle January 11, 2011 at 12:43 PM  

I love ravioli and this sounds fantastic.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. January 11, 2011 at 12:55 PM  

YAH! another chicago blogger! i am new to your blog and i love it-- now following! lovely recipie... i need to try to make raviolis (im hooked on the pesto ones from trader joes but im sure these are better). xoxo jcd http://cornflakedreams.blogspot.com/

hip hip gin gin January 11, 2011 at 1:27 PM  

Oh yum!! Am suddenly starving! We'll definitely be having pasta for dinner now, although not nearly as fab as what your husband cooked up!

Amber January 11, 2011 at 1:54 PM  

homemade pasta! that sounds divine. perhaps your husband could teach my husband how to cook this or at least lead him in the direction of the kitchen :)

stephiejane January 11, 2011 at 3:23 PM  

that looks delicious!! i've never attempted to make my own pasta...gonna use this for inspiration now :)

Stephanie January 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM  

Umm, yeah. This dinner looks amazing. The idea of homemade ravioli intimidates me! Thanks for being a great blog friend. Your comments always make me smile. :)

Virginie's Cinema January 11, 2011 at 9:03 PM  

Miam!

I wish I had your culinary talent (I will be dreaming of those raviolis!).

Megan @ Pink O'Clock January 12, 2011 at 11:43 AM  

i'm totally going to have to try out those meltaways. yum! looks like a delicious dinner, and i love your black-and-white plates!

Michelle {lovely little things} January 12, 2011 at 6:39 PM  

I would love to try and make homemade ravioli.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails