Magnificent Specimens





Austin, Texas photographer Dave Mead captured all of these incredible faces with creative facial hair.  After traveling to the World Beard and Mustache contest in Anchorage, Alaska in 2009, a portrait series spawned and now you can see all of the collection if you're in the Portland, Oregon area.  Titled Magnificent Specimens (very apt, don't you think?), photos of the champion beards and 'staches are on display at the Land Gallery now through February 13, 2011.  Are you facial hair-friendly?  I certainly am...my husband's beard has been called pristine.

10 comments:

A Crimson Kiss January 18, 2011 at 12:03 PM  

AMAZING! I came home yesterday to find that John had trimmed his down (for his first day back at school!) and nearly fell down the stairs with surprise!

AbbieBabble January 18, 2011 at 12:56 PM  

Oh my goodness. These photos are hilarious.

this free bird January 18, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

Moses!! I've been looking all over for him! hahahaha

xo,
C

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket January 18, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

So funny! The wax mustache is very popular up in Portland right now. :) it's funny what guys will do to express their inner bear.

Ashleigh January 18, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

OMG hilarious!! Love the 2nd one, how in the world?! Had no idea there was a world contest around facial hair!

Michelle January 18, 2011 at 7:41 PM  

I like the Daniel Boone guy at the end. I think maybe he lives in my area. lol

Oh, My Darling January 18, 2011 at 7:55 PM  

I'm such a sucker for facial hair. This makes my heart sing a little!

amanda jane January 19, 2011 at 8:06 AM  

ha! These are fantastic. good find!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails