She opened her eyes!


Did any of you watch the "Together we thrive: Tuscon and America" speech by President Obama last night?  I caught just a few minutes of it and I'm glad I did, if only to hear this particular sentence ::

"Gabby opened her eyes for the first time."


The crowd began to roar with applause and many broke down with tears of joy.  Michelle Obama hugged Mark Kelly, Gabrielle Giffords' husband.  It was the kind of moment that plays over and over in your head and it's all I've been able to think about ever since.  I'm so happy to hear the news of her recovery (and baffled at the same time - I mean, it's not every day that a person can take a bullet to the head and survive) and wish nothing but the best for her, her family, friends and supporters.  

6 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace January 13, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

Yes, it's been like we here in Arizona have all been holding our breath, a big exhale happened last night. Just something good to cling to I guess.

Stephanie January 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM  

Such wonderful news! I missed the speech but heard on the radio that she'd opened her eyes. Praying for her quick recovery!

Melanie's Randomness January 13, 2011 at 12:52 PM  

What a tragedy this incident was. I'm glad she's recovering.

Melanie's Randomness

Ashleigh January 13, 2011 at 1:16 PM  

I didn't watch it but I heard on the radio this morning. Seriously amazing. That is one tough cookie!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY January 14, 2011 at 12:13 AM  

I did watch the memorial and I don't know...all the applause bugged me. I felt like it became a spectacle rather than a sincere memorial. Of course, the applause for Gabby's survival was appropriate - now that is a miracle - unbelievable! Such a sad event.

Maggie,  January 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM  

If you haven't heard the whole speech, you should! It's really good. I was reading the closed caption while on the elliptical at the gym. When he talked about the little girl who died, I was literally crying at the gym! We should see the world as she did... ugh, it was profound. (although I do agree with Tiffany about the applause for Obama... bad timing)

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/ShootingV

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails