Getting to know Mo

I was tagged recently by Jillian of Cornflake Dreams to answer some questions about myself.


What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Perfect happiness to me is feeling content with the way my life is.  Even if I don't meet all of my goals and aspirations, if I'm happy then that's all that matters.


What is your greatest fear?
Since I lost my father at such a young age, and my grandparents passed away before their time, I'm afraid that everyone close to me will do the same.



Which figures do you most identify with?
Those who are passionate about the well being of everyone.  


What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I'm a procrastinator, which means that I'm late nearly every time I have to be somewhere.  At least in the morning...


What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Selfish people who don't have the decency to help another person out, offer a smile in return for mine, or those who refuse to try and understand someone else's point of view.


What do you most value in your friends?
I love that I can laugh for hours on end with most of my friends.  That they'll always be there for me. Oh, and that I can dance like a total goofball without any judgment ;)


What words or phrases do you most overuse?
Moo.  Mow?  - But really, that's just with my husband.  I think i say niiiiiice too much, maybe.


What is your favorite journey?
This is kind of hard to answer, because I've had a lot of amazing journeys in my lifetime.  But I think the one I most cherish is moving to Chicago by myself.  I knew a handful of people here (that I'll love forever and ever) but I didn't know them that well.  That all changed and so did I - I really learned a lot about myself and definitely gained an immense amount of confidence in return.  If I can move to the big city on my own and make it work - I can do anything I put my mind to.


What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
This one is tough, so I may have to copy Jillian's answer and say honesty.  She's absolutely right when she says it's not always right when people's feelings are involved.  The truth hurts, but sometimes it's not always necessary to hear it.


What is your favorite occupation?
If I knew the answer to that, I'd be a satisfied Mo.  But I have serious respect for the kinds of occupations that make a difference, that do good for the world.  


What do you dislike most about your appearance?

It's a tie between my terrible skin and my ill-proportioned body.  I have a small lower half and a much bigger upper half.  It totally grinds my gears.


What is your greatest regret?
I'm not even sure.  There's nothing jumping out at me right now - I mean, I've done things I've regretted but nothing that I deeply regret.  I've taken the low road in one too many situations that affected others close to me but everyone is guilty of that at some point.  



What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Well that would have to be Mr. David Badger, my husband.  The sweetest, most caring tall man I know.  Friday makes 5 years of holding hands, saying "moo", wonderful home-cooked meals, snuggling and so much more with that guy.  Time sure flies!


Where and when were you happiest?
I think back on all the different times in my life...and so many of them have a fair race for this answer.  I think back as a younger kid, spending the weekends at my grandma & grandpa's house with my cousins and having the time of my life.  I think back to the summer after my first year of college when I had the house I grew up in all to myself.  I think back to moving to Chicago and having so much to explore on my own.  I think back to last summer and quitting my job (!), going to California with everyone I love (!!) and getting married (!!!).  I think of right now...happily married and not stuck in a job I loathe and getting ready to buy a freaking house!  Sot it's hard to say.  



If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Geeze, these questions are so tough!  Just one thing.  Well, I might have to say that I would change my debilitating fears of things in life - like driving at night in the rain (I had a panic attack behind the wheel the other night because I couldn't see.  I don't think I've ever had a panic/anxiety attack but it is an awful, awful feeling), calling strangers, navigating buildings I'm not familiar with, etc.  Silly, I know - and it only seems to get worse.


What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
Moving to Chicago, finishing college and getting a grown-up job.  I know that's not anything shocking, but it's big.  


What is your most treasured possession?
I inherited my grandmother's amethyst cocktail ring after she passed away in 2007.  I also have her and my grandfather's wedding bands.  The cocktail ring is something I've coveted since I was wee, and as she was on her death bed, she asked my mom to make sure I got the ring.  I wore it on my wedding day, to my college graduation, to the opera in Italy, etc.  I take it with me to special places because I love having a part of her there with me.


What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Death.  I've had to deal with it too many times and as I've said above, it's something I fear will keep happening to me too early with everyone I know.


Where would you like to live?
In the mountains so I can always smell that fresh mountain air.  In a perfect world, all of my family would be there too, just a stone's throw away.


What is your most marked characteristic?
At the end of my sophomore year of high school, one of my teachers awarded me with "Sweetest Disposition".  I know I have a sweet disposition and I wouldn't change it for anything.  People like me because of it.


What is your greatest extravagance?

The mister loves to cook, so I'm lucky enough to have eaten some pretty amazing meals.  Which also means we're extravagant at the grocery store.  Oh and I bought a brand new car when I was 18 because of some money I inherited from my father.  I traded it in for a used car after awhile because it just wasn't me.


What are the qualities you most like in a man?

I love a man who has a sense of humor, who is sensitive enough to show his emotions, cares about his family and friends and isn't afraid to let me cry or share my feelings. 


Who are your favorite writers?
I'm a pretty big sucker for John Irving and David Sedaris.


How would you like to die?
Definitely in my sleep, peacefully and not because of a disease.  But just because it was time.


Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Batman.  I've just always liked him.


Who are your heroes in real life?

My mom, who made things work for me even though she was single and living off a measly salary.  


What is your motto?
Uh...you can do it?  Yeah, cause if I put my mind to it, I can do it!


So this is the point where I tag other bloggers to answer the questions...so ladies, here's your chance to open up!


Erika of A Tiny Rocket, Amber of Amber Blue Bird, Jess of Avante-Garde Living, Natalie of A Little Blue Notebook and Erin of BklynStitch.


Thank you for reading this - it was hard to answer some, to expose myself in this way.  But I'm glad I did.





19 comments:

stephanie February 23, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

I loved reading this! So much fun to get to know you better. :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. February 23, 2011 at 1:37 PM  

yah! thanks so much for playing along :) it was so interesting to read your answers and "get to know you" more. xoxo jcd

Unknown February 23, 2011 at 1:56 PM  

Ahhh, what a lovely post! I really enjoyed reading this! :) xxxxx

hip hip gin gin February 23, 2011 at 2:09 PM  

Such a fun post, I'm glad you decided to do it, really nice to get to know a bit more about you =)
And I am totally with you on the calling strangers thing, the phone is absolutely my nemesis, I even get nervous calling to schedule a hair appointment.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts February 23, 2011 at 2:10 PM  

lovely to get to know you better! I love the images that you posted too- great words of inspiration and wisdom all around.

Marissa February 23, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

I have to admit that I'm glad you didn't tag me, because those are some tough questions! Thank you for sharing with us so honestly.

Ana / Fashionfly February 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM  

This is such a great post, thought your answers you show your personality :) Love it!!
xx, Ana

Jaime @ laviejaime February 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

aweosme post to learn more about mo! :) I too am a procrastinator...but i find that with my job i am not as much as in my personal life lol

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket February 23, 2011 at 3:17 PM  

:) AWWW thanks for tagging me. I will have to work on it :)

Amber February 23, 2011 at 3:40 PM  

thanks for the tag. I say niiicccee too much too. That and "oh really"

The Olive Tree Blog February 23, 2011 at 4:37 PM  

Good read...so open, thanks for sharing~

liza February 23, 2011 at 6:26 PM  

It is good to learn more about you. Thank you! I second your idea of worst misery and also where you would like to live. I would love to have my family here, I miss them.

Natalie February 23, 2011 at 6:40 PM  

ooh these are great questions! thanks for tagging me!

Victoria February 23, 2011 at 9:41 PM  

Fun to get to know you better! I love that first quote you have about not looking back, so true!

Brandi February 23, 2011 at 10:20 PM  

This list was FANTASTIC. I do feel like I know you much better now and I love that we have so many wonderful things in common. You're such a beautiful person, Meagan.

Ashleigh February 24, 2011 at 2:36 PM  

Wow what a great look into Mo! Loved it! I can relate to so many of your answers. And in a perfect world, I'd live anywhere as long as my family could be near!

Some Korean Website Highjacker February 24, 2011 at 3:39 PM  

i'm glad you did too! loved your sharing these intimate details and funny prose.

seriously hilarious was the "moo" bit, i use that word when i'm unhappy about something with the boyf. it's cool i have a friend to MOO with!

your happy time share about being at grandma & grandpa's house moved me, i remember those feeling so well and never knew either of my papas but dearly miss my nana's homes.

thanks for opening up this way and wishing you a wonderful rest of the week. ♥

A Crimson Kiss February 25, 2011 at 12:14 PM  

Oh Mrs Mo, I loved reading you answers! A very, very happy anniversary to your and the hubby today!

xo, Lena

Marie February 26, 2011 at 7:11 PM  

Thanks for sharing this, it was truly a good read. Glad to know more about you.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails