Lusting for :: Armchairs


With a move in our future, the possibility of finally buying grown-up furniture has me incredibly excited.  We've been living with hand-me-downs from my parents (which we've appreciated immensely, the furniture is decent but it's not our style) and cheap Ikea pieces for years now.  I can't even begin to imagine how it must feel to lounge around in expensive furniture that was bought to fit your home.  Since we don't quite know what our house will be like, it's impossible (and silly) to start shopping for furniture, but I can't help but lust over some fabulous options that are out there.  

As a sidenote, our cat LOVES to scratch on the side of our Ikea armchair, so I should be looking for chairs that he can't rip to shreds (so really, that rules out 2, 3 and 5, right?).  He also loves to latch on to the bottom of our couch and proceed to scratch his way to the other end while gliding his body across the hardwood floor.  Silly Gus.  He hates scratching posts, too.  But maybe in our new house we can build him a mansion of a scratching post and he'll only scratch that....right?  I can dream.

1. Urban Living Gervason - one of the most beautiful rocking chairs I've ever seen.
2. Jonathan Adler Mrs. Godfrey Chair - I love the shade of blue and the fabric itself is lovely.
3. Gus Modern Blake Loft Chair - My favorite shade for furniture
4. Design Within Reach Risom Rocker - also one of the most beautiful rocking chairs I've ever seen.
5. Unica Home Megan Chair - Simple design, comes in different shapes and sizes
6. Gus Modern Truss Chair - This one is one of my favorites, it's just so slick! 

26 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket February 22, 2011 at 1:04 PM  

I love a good armchair but I hate how they cost almost as much as a couch. :)

AbbieBabble February 22, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

Oh, I love these armchairs. I'm in the market for one, too (though I'm decidedly still in the hand-me-downs and ikea phase), and these are all perfect!

Kayla February 22, 2011 at 1:30 PM  

Number 1 and 4 please! Love your picks and your blog.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

jillian :: cornflake dreams. February 22, 2011 at 2:09 PM  

oo how fun! i love #2! so stylish. cb2 and west elm both have really wonderful arm chairs too :) xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

the chirpy bird February 22, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

oohhhh love love love a good arm chair!
xx tash

A Crimson Kiss February 22, 2011 at 2:24 PM  

Oh, buying real furniture...We have one leather club chair (we chose a piano instead of a matching set) and it's so divine having a "real" place to sit!

Gabriella February 22, 2011 at 2:43 PM  

Too bad about the kitty because I think curling up in chair #2 would be amazing.

Amber February 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM  

buying furniture is so much fun, but armchairs are really crazy expensive, which explains why the one we have was purchased at a flea market for 25 bucks :)

Gloria February 22, 2011 at 3:02 PM  

i wish i had room for chair #2 in my apartment - so lovely!

Tiffany Kadani February 22, 2011 at 3:28 PM  

Oh yes! Chairs make all the diffence. I love the ones you have here.

Victoria February 22, 2011 at 3:44 PM  

I'm a fan of the rocking armchairs, so cute!

The Olive Tree Blog February 22, 2011 at 5:01 PM  

Great picks! The hubs and I went out to buy a chair the other day, we couldn't decide so we bought an xbox kinect instead...go figure?

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots February 22, 2011 at 7:13 PM  

"grown up furniture" - so true!! i'm still not there yet... haha
xoxo
Vineyard Loveknots

Heart Charlie February 22, 2011 at 7:18 PM  

Man I love a good armchair!! That Gus Modern Truss Chair is dreamy ;)

Deidre February 22, 2011 at 8:28 PM  

I've been dreaming about the day when I could get real furniture. These chairs are Awesome!

Jess February 22, 2011 at 8:49 PM  

OOOOH I like the Modern Blake! And you are right about Dolan Geiman, I love his "French Country" art :)

Deanna Pai February 22, 2011 at 9:56 PM  

Ahhh, number three is just pulling at my heartstrings! Maybe the cat will learn to love it as much as you do and... not tear it to shreds? You never know!

audrey marie February 22, 2011 at 10:24 PM  

we're hunting for a chair too - a leather one! i wish furniture wasn't so expensive...

BlackBerry Hosted Exchange February 23, 2011 at 4:46 AM  

Awww! Even i am a great fan of armchairs! loved your post!

Brandi February 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM  

I will take #3, and when it arrives, I'll spend a whole day just reading a book in it. Most people go straight for couches but I think armchairs add the most character to a room.

Marie February 26, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

I want #2, please.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

MaybeThisDoor February 26, 2011 at 10:25 PM  

Mmmm, I love number 2. And I totally agree chairs should cost atleast half of the price of the couch. Please?

http://www.adoredaustin.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails