Best Dressed :: Cate Blanchett and/or Mila Kunis

Cate Blanchett looking as gorgeous as ever in a Givenchy Couture gown


Mila Kunis looking absolutely perfect in her Elle Saab Haute Couture gown

Last night may have been the first time I actually sat and watched the entire airing of The Oscars, much to the dismay of a certain someone (I won't name names, but you know who you are).  I'm glad I did though, if only to make snarky comments of how James Franco certainly must be super high, or how awkward and cruel it was to make Kirk Douglas inch his way out on stage to present the award for Best Supporting Actress.  To his credit, he was very entertaining and seemed to somewhat enjoy himself.  But  part of me couldn't help but think that having him come out on stage just wasn't right.  I digress.

I know that a lot of people don't agree with me here, but Cate's Givenchy dress had me at hello.  First off, the color.  Swoon!  The perfect shade of lilac balanced with the yellow struck a chord with me.  I appreciated the eccentricity of this gown and how well it fit not only her body but also her personality, no?  No matter what the critics say, I love it.

As for Mila, do I even need to say anything?  This gown is gorgeous, it fits her body like a glove and it gives off just the right amount of sex appeal while still maintaining class. Well done, Mila.

Some other contenders include ::


Amy Adams, donning a sparkly navy L'Wren Scot gown.  This color flatters her, and I love that she chose emerald jewelry to accompany the gown.  While something about it reminds me very much of my junior prom dress, I still love it and will give her a 'well done, Amy' for sure.


Sandra Bullock redeemed herself in my eyes by wearing this fiery red Vera Wang gown.  It showed off her perfectly polished figure and her presentation of Best Actor was delightful to watch.

What/who were your faves?  Did you watch?  Are you as excited about The King's Speech being the ultimate victor as I?   Are you as bummed about Exit Through the Gift Shop losing as I? I mean, if Oprah would have called Banksy's name, imagine the possibilities!  

Images via here and here

28 comments:

Unknown February 28, 2011 at 11:34 AM  

Cate!!!! - obsessed over it!!!!

Melanie's Randomness February 28, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

I thought Mila Kunis looked soo beautiful!!! Sandra Really made a great appearance too!! Yeah I watched the whole thing too!! It was very enjoyable!! =) Anne Hathaway's dresses were gorgeous!!!

Hey lady I'm running a Shabby Apple Dress giveaway today! If you get a chance be sure to enter!!

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway!

Jenny N February 28, 2011 at 12:01 PM  

oh wow, I forgot about Cate's dress! I have been commenting that I loved Mandy Moore and Natalie, but Cate's is 100% my favorite! So pretty and unique.

I didn't like Reese's dress, even though her hair was cute. It seriously looked exactly like my junior prom dress.

Unknown February 28, 2011 at 12:05 PM  

Natalie's dress was lovely and suited her soon-to-be-mommy figure. I'm so happy she won best actress! The song that Mandy sang from Tangled was weird. I didn't like the song first off, but also, it didn't seem to suit her vocal range very well. But she did look gorgeous!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION February 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

Mila was absolutely stunning! Loved that shade against her skin tone. Cate was pretty fantastic too! xo

Marissa February 28, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

Mila always looks gorgeous, but Kate's dress was by far my favorite of the night!

Unknown February 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM  

I loved Cate Blanchett's dress! And, Mila Kunis looked stunning. I would have liked to see Blue Valentine win some, but was surprised Black Swan didn't get more! xxxxxx

Ren- Lady Of The Arts February 28, 2011 at 12:50 PM  

Oh I just loved CB dress- even tweeted about it last night- by far my fav.

Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} February 28, 2011 at 1:27 PM  

Yay! Another Mila Kunis dress fan. I loved that dress. Even though it wasn't the most chic, I thought it was fun, flirty, and slightly daring.
I am SO happy that The King's Speech was the big winner of the night and, of course, thrilled that Colin Firth won Best Actor.

Gloria February 28, 2011 at 1:29 PM  

cate's dress was really fun and gorgeous - she's definitely one of few people who could pull it off! mila's dreamy, lacy dress was absolutely my fav

Paloma February 28, 2011 at 2:10 PM  

Mi-la, Mi-la, Mi-la! (chants)

miss aud February 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM  

definitely mila!!

i wasn't a huge fan of cates.

also loved amy adams too!

Brandi February 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM  

Amy Adams had my favorite dress. I'm such a sucker for blue, but that one looks like she's wearing the night sky.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. February 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM  

i loved the bottom half of kates dress.. still thinking about the top half :) but i adored mila's dress. it fit her perfectly! sandra was gorgous. annnd sad. i still need to see the kings speech! ah well :) overall it was an interesting show. xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

Lady Grey February 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

I have to vote for Mila Kunis, although they booth look AMAZING!!
xo

Amber February 28, 2011 at 3:49 PM  

I am voting for Mila, she looked stunning

Anonymous,  February 28, 2011 at 6:32 PM  

lovely post!!! love both these dresses especially mila's... come check out my blog and let me know what you think!
www.cuteybeautyfashionpassion.blogspot.com

iheartkiwi February 28, 2011 at 7:08 PM  

I thought Mila looked stunning. The color was beautiful on her!

I also loved Anne Hathaway's Oscar de la Renta dress!

ChinkyGirLMeL February 28, 2011 at 7:30 PM  

Super loving both Cate's and Mila's dresses. they look so stunning!

kate February 28, 2011 at 7:40 PM  

Loved Loved all of these except Amy's dress!!

The Olive Tree Blog February 28, 2011 at 7:55 PM  

you should look for the James Franco skit on Saturday Night Live...pretty funny :)

annelise February 28, 2011 at 9:02 PM  

I didn't like Cate's dress at first glance but once I saw the back of it, I was definitely a fan. I thought Mila and Gwyneth Paltrow's dresses were lovely, but I think the real winner was Hailee Steinfeld. Her Audrey Hepburn-esque dress was just so beautiful and so appropriate. Pure class.

Haha, I made James Franco high comments as well. That weird look he had on his face that made me think he was going to bust out the giggles at any moment? Hilarious.

caroline February 28, 2011 at 9:43 PM  

Mila was my absolute favorite! But Cate's was in the top five!

Jaime @ laviejaime March 1, 2011 at 9:46 AM  

I thought there were alot of fab dresses- i agree with most here. Only Cate B could pull that dress off, and she did! Amy Adams- LOVED the gown, not the necklace.

Check out my wrap up post today :)

Marie March 2, 2011 at 2:07 PM  

Love your picks!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons March 2, 2011 at 6:37 PM  

Milaaaa!!!!! Though Cate is FAB!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Heather Feemster March 3, 2011 at 12:15 PM  

I don't care what anyone says, I agree and thought Amy Adams looked great!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails