Our wedding invitations!

Friends, I have been so excited to share these with all of you.  They turned out SO GREAT and I am more than thrilled with them :)

So a little background on the subject first, ok? 

I really wanted to print them on wood.  Nobody got it.  They all thought I was crazy.  In my head I imagined a super thin piece of flexible wood, veneer I guess, with a cute design, etc. etc.  I almost ordered enough blank cards from Night Owl Paper Goods as it was exactly what I wanted.  I saw plenty of stuff like this at the Renegade Craft Fair last December and though it would be easy to find it.  My mom convinced me I could find it at Home Depot.  So we went looking.  And looking and looking and looking.  To no avail.  The blank sheets from NOPG were rather expensive.  And one day, my mom called and said her and my brother had found a seriously thin sheet of wood at Lowe's.  Ok.  But how thin? 

So my mom mails me 1/4" sheet of plywood that her and my brother had cut and sanded down.  It was weird and not what I wanted but I guess it would work.  I just kept thinking, are we really going to mail our guests a plaque that says please come to our wedding?! Yes, we were.

So my lovely and super talented friend Jess and I got the ball rolling on design ideas, etc.  Seriously, Jess is talented.  And here's what she came up with:






I fell in love with them.  At first sight.  They're so...perfect in every single way.  And the front side looks JUST LIKE US!  Color me impressed.  Very, very impressed.

So Jess labored for hours and hours on the computer and then switched from that to screenprinting.  She screenprinted all 75 of these babies in one night.  And I am eternally grateful for that!

I picked them up from her while we were in K.C. for Gracie & Emo's wedding, and as soon as we got back, Raegan, Anna & I worked on the envelopes.  We bought oversized envelopes and then cut out liners and glued them in.  It was a fun craft night!


Shimmery copper liners and sage green envelopes.  We even bought a wax seal (which is seriously fun to play with)


(please disregard that address :-/ )



Jess designed us up a map for our guests and it looks absolutely incredible. 





 And I just had to throw this in there - he was so intrigued!

 All photo's by Raegan Stremel.

Have a wonderful and joyous 4th of July weekend!  We're off in 15 minutes to Kentucky Lake for a marvelous weekend with family.  Til Tuesday...

17 comments:

Anonymous,  July 2, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

ohmygoodness, that is beautiful! I'd never want to throw mine out!

Stephanie July 2, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

Wow. These are breathtaking. And the details! Oh my. I absolutely love them.

hip hip gin gin July 2, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

Oh wow, Meagan!!! These are amazing! Seriously, beyond gorgeous!! If I received this in the mail I would frame it. You and your friends are very talented and creative indeed!!

stephiejane July 2, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

oh i LOVE LOVE these!! what an amazing, creative idea! love the detail and the colors are perfecto.

Iva Messy July 2, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

WOW!! those are so amazing! Truly beautiful! I adore the color!

this free bird July 2, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

I am so glad you stuck to your guns and went ahead with what you wanted. These invitations are so beautiful. They're creative, one of a kind and so incredibly pretty. Outstanding job with these and a great way to continue on in your journey together!! xoxo and have a great 4th!! - Carrie

A Crimson Kiss July 2, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

I'm stunned. These are absolutely the most incredible things I've ever seen.

Small Burst July 3, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

These are amazing and so unique. I made my own wedding invitations so i completely understand they are a labor of love. Although, you get the prize! Such wonderful family and friends to help you out too.

Michelle Kendrick Hartney July 4, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

Absolutely gorgeous and unique and brilliant!!

Traveling Distances July 4, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

They are so beautiful, unique and creative. If I got an invitation like that, I'd keep it, maybe use it as a decor some way too. The map is also great!

Joey July 5, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

these are so great! I saw one in person at Jess' house, and I love the weight of them! they feel so important and beautiful! well, done!

Noodles and Waffles July 6, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

Amazing. I don't know what else to say. Just amazing.

Quindome July 6, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Marvelous! Just lovely and delightful!

Unknown July 6, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

Thank you all so very much for the sweet words! We are madly in love with them and are glad you like them too!

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy December 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM  

These are amazing. I'm currently planning our wedding and have just designed and made our invites, so it was so interesting to see this. You must have been SO happy with these! Amazing to have such an original idea, and amazing to have a great friend to help!

Pakcola March 22, 2012 at 10:13 PM  

Lovely! Where did you get your envelopes? I've been looking for that color, Thanks!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails