Weekend Recap


We had yet another fantastic weekend.  Busy, but fantastic.  I think that 2 of these in a row is a little much for us, especially for my incredibly busy, hard working husband.  We went down to Louisville, KY this weekend to a) spend time with the mister's family and b) to look for our future home.  While we didn't find "the one", we came close.  We are definitely getting there and I couldn't be more excited!  Some highlights include ::

  • Walking through a few houses and getting the feel for that
  • Beautiful weather, seriously
  • Family dinner(s)!
  • Seeing parts of Louisville that not only I had never seen but also he had never seen
  • Going to our first open house, which was a seriously charming bungalow that came really close to being perfect
  • Some incredible talks that we had on our way home
  • The feeling that this gave me - it's so hard to describe but I feel really good about this and I can't really wrap my head around it
I've been wanting to ask you guys for awhile now...do you have experience with buying a home and would you be willing to share any advice with me?  I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you.  

How were your weekends?

8 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace February 21, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

I think when we are on the right path we have this kind of feeling you are talking about. I also think, when you walk into the right place, the place that should be your home, you will know it instantly - that's what has always happened for me. The little things that might not be what you thought you wanted won't matter (they can almost always be changed), you'll just feel it and know it's right. Kind of like love. Happy hunting :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. February 21, 2011 at 12:51 PM  

how fun!! i hope you find "the one" soon. the bf and i watch a LOT of hgtv (property virgins, house hunters, my first place) they have lots of tips to keep in mind when buying a house (closing costs, home inspections, sweat equity....) i would tune in! xoxo jcd ps i tagged you in a little survey thing if you want to play along:: http://www.cornflakedreams.com/2011/02/little-q-time.html

A Crimson Kiss February 21, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

FUTURE HOME?!?! How exciting!! I don't have a stitch of advice about buying a home, but I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

Unknown February 21, 2011 at 12:56 PM  

Ahhh, family meals.. your weekend sounds lovely! xxxxxxxx
alwaysxbeing.blogspot.com

Amber February 21, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

looking for homes can be so exhausting, i guess my advise would be to take your time...oh and try to get a place either a secluded backyard or a high fence. I am not one of those weirdos who hates their neighbors but it really makes a difference to have a backyard that feels like your own spot as opposed to an area that you are sharing

The Olive Tree Blog February 21, 2011 at 3:55 PM  

We just built a house...that was an experience! Boy I could write a novel on house now :) ask me anything!

Paloma February 22, 2011 at 8:06 AM  

this post warms my heart! it's amazing the refreshed feeling, hope, and clarity a weekend can bring! happy that you just had one like that <3

Ashleigh February 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM  

We've owned 2 homes, hubby was in the mortgage biz so he came with a lot of knowledge, luckily for me. Otherwise I would have been lost...it can def be an overwhelming experience. Can't think of anything helpful to share at the moment but I'll ponder it for you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails