Guest post - {av} of {long distance loving}

Hi! My name is {av}--and on most days, you can find me blogging at {long distance loving}!
I'm so excited to be guest posting here at Mo-Pie, Please! Not only is the beautiful lady behind it a Friday's Fancies faithful, she's also a Midwesterner with a gorgeous kitty named Gus. Why does that matter? Because I'm a born-and-raised Midwesterner {now on the East Coast} with a pretty kitty of my own also named Gus. The best part? They look eerily similar! All of these funny coincidences behind, I've always admired Meagan's style and am so honored to appear on the pages of her stunning blog!

Since the holiday weekend is upon us, I wanted to incorporate the red+white+blue theme subtly into an outfit I think Meagan could totally rock as she moves to one of my favorite cities :) It's an outfit I'd like to deem "All-American Moving Day" chic! I hope you like it!


1) In the heat of a Midwestern summer, a cotton top like this Chambray Stripe Top from Splendid is absolutely necessary. I liked the fact the stripes were a bit more subtle too!
2) Kate Spade never ceases to bring a smile to my face and this Pocomo Gwen Bag didn't disappoint. It's the perfect size for throwing in the moving truck--and you wouldn't want to lose track of it because it is so stinkin' cute.
3) The length and the cuff of these Textile Elizabeth and James Nell Mid-Rise Stretch-Denim Shorts made them an appropriate choice for this get-up. Most moving day attire isn't fashionable, but these shorts would still keep you from the "what not to wear" column.
4) With the humidity, this Tasha Studded Suede Headband would work wonders at keeping the frizz under control. It's far from boring and works splendidly with the bag and the sandals too!
5) Though they may not be the most functional for moving, these Sam Edelman Gigi Saddle Leather Sandals were too hard to pass up. Sweet and simple, they look great without much effort.
6) To top off the All-American vibe, I had to throw an ounce of red in the outfit via this Nikon Time Teller P Watch. It's bright and bold and creates a killer contrast from the leather.

How are you celebrating the Fourth of July?
Do you like to rock the red+white+blue at other times too?

Be sure to hop over to {long distance loving} and check out the other 
fab Friday's Fancies from fashionistas around the globe!

Thanks again to Meagan for having me today! 
I'm crossing fingers the move goes off without a hitch :)
I hope you all have a fantastic holiday weekend... xoxo {av}

16 comments:

Unknown July 1, 2011 at 8:20 AM  

Great post! {av} is such a fun guest blogger to have! Happy weekend, and good luck with the move! xo

Unknown July 1, 2011 at 8:21 AM  

Love {av}s holiday outfit!!!

Mandy Crandell July 1, 2011 at 8:44 AM  

Great outfit!

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Tang July 1, 2011 at 8:46 AM  

Have an amazing weekend ladies!

Rebecca July 1, 2011 at 10:34 AM  

What a great outfit - I love that watch! Checking out your blog now... :)

classiq July 1, 2011 at 11:42 AM  

Lovely! Denim shorts, striped top and a chic pair of flat sandals, perfect for the weekend! :) Ada

Bianca July 1, 2011 at 1:54 PM  

perfect for the fourth of july weekend!


http://crumpetsandt.blogspot.com

Yelena Starikova July 1, 2011 at 3:51 PM  

Wow!!! I absolutely love it! Very stylish!!

Im your new follower!


AllGlamThings

k July 1, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

this is the perfect outfit! the watch is a fun touch :) happy 4th to both of you!!!

Jess July 1, 2011 at 7:23 PM  

Ahhhh! I love those sandals! Hope you have a great 4th!

Ivana July 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM  

Great post and great outfit! Love it!

xx Ivana
http://styleinthecityen.blogspot.com

Anna @ IHOD July 3, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

oh my gosh that watch is one of the best I have seen in a while! Happy 4th of July weekend!
Anna

Kimia Kline July 4, 2011 at 2:25 AM  

that red watch = perfection. LOVE it.

natasha {schue love} July 5, 2011 at 1:44 PM  

Such a cute camera bag! Love {av} and her Fancy Fridays! This one is a keeper!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails