Thursday's Randoms


First off, this picture really makes me smile.  I love the way it's styled and the hair is gorgeous.  I've been thinking about my hair a lot lately.  It's not in good shape, guys.  The ends are so frizzy and fried and split and I feel lost.  My bangs have become too long and the color is...ick.  I need some hair advice!  I'm trying to grow it long (it's currently pretty long but I'm afraid if I trim away all the bad parts it will be medium-length again.  About a year and a half ago, I tried out the ombre trend at the salon but it didn't quite work out.  Needless to say, I came out of there with overly bleached hair that I had to dye and re-dye myself to get it to look right.  The ends of my hair are blonde from that bad bleach job, so I'm chocking the damaged parts up to that.  Is there a way to repair it? I've never really encountered this problem before and I don't know if damage repair products will do the trick or if I have to sadly chop it off.  I need a trim, yes, but I don't want to lose the growth.  Any advice, sweets?


Etsy's handpicked items always draw me in - for good reason.  This mint and brass necklace from Etsy shop Fortune is absolutely gorgeous.  


I couldn't resist posting these too, because the more I look at them the more I love them.  Via Fail Jewelry


I can't get enough of the color in these mouth-watering desserts!  They would have all been perfect to use at my best friend's bridal shower a year and a half ago, hah.  The zebra + Tiffany blue color combo is incredible and I'm in awe at the beauty of the display!  Via HWTM

Last, here are some shots from our first Waterfront Wednesdays. I had no clue we were going but it was pretty much just what I needed.  I really like this new city of ours.




26 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket July 28, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

YES Kersastase makes a product that comes in a box. the one i have right now is chroma reflect system fibionic- you put it on your hair and leave for 10 minutes and you can do it on your 1x every month or so but I do every 3 months. and only use half the jar. its a little expensive but you can buy it in the salon. its sorta amazing.

I know I have plenty of do-overs with my hair.

Morgan July 28, 2011 at 10:36 AM  

Oh lordy... everything on Fail Jewelry's site is beautiful! My credit card may be in trouble. :)

The Olive Tree Blog July 28, 2011 at 10:56 AM  

hello zebra cupcakes! I used to at home condition treatments while I was trying to grow my hair out...cheap and you can find them at any walmart,target, drugstore...:)

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} July 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

The only advice I have is to chop off the bad parts. What's the point of growing it out if it's gonna look ratty? Better to go slow and do it right...although I'm not one to talk. I've neglected my ends too!

Tamra {ever swoon} July 28, 2011 at 11:17 AM  

beautiful necklace!! OK, I think i need a cupcake for lunch

Melissa Blake July 28, 2011 at 12:15 PM  

i looove those necklace! And those desserts with that shade of blue is perfect!

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. July 28, 2011 at 12:23 PM  

love the pictures from the waterpark. i need a vacation and that spot right there might just be the place!

Mandy Crandell July 28, 2011 at 12:28 PM  

Beautiful jewelry and treats!

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/#!/MandyCrandell

♡Shayla♡ July 28, 2011 at 1:07 PM  

Just stopping a few people's blogs who I've seen comment on some of my posts, to let you know that my url has changed- If you want to resubscribe to my blog head over to http://ohsweetdarlin.blogspot.com and do just that! Thank you!

Danielle Moss July 28, 2011 at 1:18 PM  

OMG those cupcakes look amazing. Great post. Hope all is well!

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS July 28, 2011 at 1:19 PM  

Love your waterfront wednesdays :) xo

A Crimson Kiss July 28, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

I'm afraid I need a haircut, too. You do have to cut the split ends, but using Infusium 23 or Kerastase products will help product the new stuff from splitting. Damn that hair.

Amber July 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

no lie, I had planned on getting a trim today after work (my ends are beyond fried) but I opted not to at the last minute because I was afraid the length would be too short and I have been trying to grow my hair out for awhile now. I just plan on doing an intense conditioning session later.

natasha {schue love} July 28, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

Love that necklace and those earrings!

Gloria July 28, 2011 at 4:08 PM  

I seriously wish I could trim my own hair to get rid of the icky parts. Although with the way I trim my bands (ahem, crooked), it's probably best that I leave it alone :-)

One product I really love is Frederic Fekkai's glossing cream. I don't know if it'll help with really damaged hair, but it turns my frizz into super sleek strands!

Johanna July 28, 2011 at 4:10 PM  

Fun picks...those desserts are too much. I love that fashion and dessert is comingling.

the southern hostess July 28, 2011 at 5:14 PM  

Such a good post! I love the first picture too.

Sandy a la Mode July 28, 2011 at 6:33 PM  

i wish my hair was that pretty!!

Jennifer Young July 28, 2011 at 6:39 PM  

lovely roundup! i especially love the first image. i could really use some of that in my life (jacuzzi time and beautiful hair). :)
j.

Bud and Leo July 28, 2011 at 6:46 PM  

That is some PERFECT hair! Jealous! And now I'm hungry thanks to the pictures of sweets. :)

annelise July 28, 2011 at 6:56 PM  

My advice is to bite the bullet and chop off the ends. Make it all healthy and have regular trims. Even if it turns out to be shorter than you like, it won't take long for it to grown and it will feel so much better.

How fantastic that you love your new city! Makes all the angst of looking for a house a few months ago all worthwhile.

akiko hiramatsu July 28, 2011 at 8:44 PM  

Than you for commenting on my blog!

I love your photos!

http://kimonosnack.blogspot.com/

Kelsey Cole July 28, 2011 at 9:01 PM  

I am totally dreaming of the day when my hair is as long as the hair in those top pictures!
have you used moroccan oil on your hair? I just started using it and it makes your hair sooo soft:) my hairdresser also told me that if you put it in before you blow-dry/style your hair, it protects it from getting as damaged. I'm excited to see if it works!

Karolina Pettersson July 30, 2011 at 7:03 AM  

Oh I love those zebra cupcakes, reminds of pretty jewelry, or something I could have in my bookshelf! but that would probably be a bad idea.

katie walker August 1, 2011 at 1:10 PM  

ohh i am in love with that jewelry!! soo pretty! and oh my goodness those desserts look sooo amazing! i love the colours!

a little black cloud in a dress August 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM  

oh my god, those macaroons & cupcakes look heavenly.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails