Weekend Recap



Stevie says hey, everybody!  How were your weekends? Ours was nice - it was relaxing and entertaining, to say the least.  While the skies opened up and down-poured on us on Saturday, we stocked up at the grocery store and snuggled up inside.  Some highlights include ::


  • Dinner w/my mother-in-law.  Husband is building her a computer so we took the pup over to play with the pug (they quickly became bff's) and snuck away for some mexican food (however, that was a total bust).  We came back to have drinks and watch the dogs play (the pug was over the moon)
  • Saturday brought non-stop rain, which meant taking Stevie out was kind of a nightmare.  She's been doing so so good with her potty training but when it rains, the accidents tend to spike.  Gotta work on that some more.  The good news (and the highlight here) is that she is sleeping through the night in her kennel!  Although I probably just jinxed that.  We both slept pretty lightly expecting her to need to go out.  But not a peep til morning...
  • 50/50 - with beers in hand, we sat down to watch the flick with excitement.  I love JGL and Seth Rogen and had only heard good things about this film.  It did not disappoint, even though it was kind of a downer.  Just be prepared to feel sad if you haven't seen it and plan to.  It's worth it though.  So very good.
  • Even though we lost to Mizzou (grr), watching the KU vs Missouri game was really enjoyable.  I thought we had it in the bag with about a minute and a half - but my oh MY how a minute-and-a-half changes everything.  We'll see how it goes at Allen Fieldhouse at the end of the month.
  • I finally organized our bookcase in the office.  From this inspiration.  What an improvement.
  • We took Stevie to the trail and wore her out good while letting her meet many different people.  She's a magnet, to say the least.  We've also been playing monkey in the middle with her every day.  She does good and performs tricks for treats.  But she gets crazy, and I mean crazy.  My leg and fingers usually suffer from her craziness.
  • Jason Wu for Target - that's right, I snatched up a blue top
  • Superbowl party - so much good food and drinks.  Not so much good entertainment on the tv.  What did you guys think? I spent most of my time keeping an eye on the pooch...

Well here's to a great week ahead! Happy Monday, my friends.

15 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. February 6, 2012 at 7:33 AM  

50/50 WAS a downer! it was a good movie but dannng we had to watch something funny afterwards to perk up. glad you had a good weeekend (and were able to snag a j.wu top!) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Jess February 6, 2012 at 7:38 AM  

awww puppy play dates are the sweetest! I'm glad Stevie has a new bestie! We watched 50/50 too. I wasn't sure what to expect from it, but the previews definitely made it seem "funnier". I thought it was a good movie for anyone who is dealing with cancer though. Happy Monday!

Gabriella February 6, 2012 at 7:48 AM  

Lucky duck! I was preoccupied on Sunday and did not manage to get my hands on a Jason Wu.
Please pet Stevie for me. He is such a cutie!

colleen February 6, 2012 at 8:32 AM  

i loved the superbowl - i thought the game was so exciting (and the giants won!) the commercials were lacking, but the teams kept it interesting up to the very end. stevie is so cute - and she's getting so big!

Morgan February 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM  

I want to see 50/50! I need to rent this week. :)

Mandy Crandell February 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM  

I absolutely loved 50/50. Such a great movie. The boyfriend was definitely thrilled about the game. He's originally from New York and a Giants fan from birth. :)

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Johanna February 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM  

I can't get enough of that pup! We watched Drive. Have you seen? Not sure what to make of that flick! Glad you had a good weekend!

Leslie February 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM  

I'm glad that Stevie is almost sleeping through the night; it must be fun to watch her grow. I couldn't find Jason Wu at my Target. I guess I didn't get up early enough.

Alexa February 6, 2012 at 11:46 AM  

Oh man...that little pup is growing up! :) Glad you snatched a Jason Wu top!

Stephanie February 6, 2012 at 12:13 PM  

I love Stevie!!

50/50 was a huge downer but I still really loved it. It had very sweet, charming, and sometimes funny moments.

Amber February 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM  

I watched 50/50 on Saturday too and loved it. I laughed, I cried, it was great.

Gloria February 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM  

I don't think I could concentrate on a movie with that little face looking up at me :-) Too cute!

stephiejane February 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM  

i totally forgot the jason wu launch at target! AGH!! stevie is looking so cute :)

Kat February 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM  

awww what a cute doggy!!! :D 50/50 was sooo good!!! i <3 jgl! :P

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

A Crimson Kiss February 6, 2012 at 7:32 PM  

You lucky girl, snatching up some Jason Wu! And Stevie is the sweetest, at least in photos!

PS-how did I not know that Badger's family were pug people? LOVE 'EM!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails