Weekend Recap

What a weekend! Man, it was good.  So many good things happened that it was almost magical.  Some highlights include ::

  • Friday night dinner with family + friends - I made blueberry pavlova for dessert and it was as if a sugar cloud !
  • Car shopping - we've decided on a 5-door Subaru Impreza! I can't wait to go on many adventures in our affordable, safe and stylish car that gets great gas mileage.  Can you tell I'm excited? 
  • Best regular season college basketball game EVER - With it being the final border showdown between KU and Mizzou and all, there was a lot at stake.  The game was in my old stomping grounds, Lawrence, KS.  We couldn't let Mizzou win.  So when we were down by 19 points in the second half, I kindly took the dog outside.  I let her play and sniff for way longer than normal.  But when I came in, the game had changed.  The game unfolded in ways you can only dream up and I can't even explain how awesome that was to witness.  I mean, 19 points?  But they did it.  In O.T. and by one point.  I may or may not have shed some tears of joy, and I'd be lying if I didn't say it felt like we had just won the national title.  Needless to say, it was awesome and sums up every little last bit about why college basketball totally rules. 
  • Napa River Grill - We dined at the most appropriate restaurant we could think of to celebrate our old anniversary.  I savored my sea bass, had a little too much wine and enjoyed getting dolled up to spend the evening with my husband.
  • The Oscars!  Oh my!  I'm so proud of Bret McKenzie! And Octavia Spencer! Christopher Plummer (and his sweet speech)! Michelle, Cameron, Natalie...so beautiful!

How were your weekends? Wonderful?  I hope so.  Here's to a great week ahead!

13 comments:

colleen February 27, 2012 at 8:05 AM  

yes, college basketball is the best. that kansas game was really something else!

Leslie February 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM  

Mine was low-key. Yay for finding the perfect car. :)

Alexa February 27, 2012 at 11:19 AM  

Yay for the new car! Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

stephiejane February 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM  

i definitely teared up when christopher plummer won!! AMAZING!!!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. February 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM  

congrats on the new car!! how exiting! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

A Crimson Kiss February 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM  

Dinner and Oscars and magic, oh my! Sounds like a perfect weekend!

Amber February 27, 2012 at 1:57 PM  

I dont know much about cars but I'm sure you picked a pretty one :) Congrats!

Carol {Everyday Delights} February 27, 2012 at 2:09 PM  

I had a VERY lowkey weekend. I don't even want to think about how many hours of TV I watched on Sunday. It was needed though after a busy week!

Sara February 27, 2012 at 3:50 PM  

Oh God, I'm so glad you're as much of a nut about the Hawks as I am! The BF and I were at a bar in KC surrounded by Mizzou fans, so getting to celebrate in front of all of them was kind of the highlight of my weekend. There were hugs and high fives and cheers with strangers, just like after that 2008 national title win. Rock Chalk!

The Olive Tree Blog February 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM  

my husband is a huge MU fan...he was not happy...lol

Jenny N February 27, 2012 at 7:02 PM  

Bret McKenzie- yesss! He's a dream.


Also, this is REALLY WEIRD, but, I dreamt of blueberry pavlova the other night, but could not think of the name of it! So now thanks to you, I know what it's called and just might whip some up soon...

Stephanie February 27, 2012 at 11:04 PM  

So happy you guys found a car!

Morning Sparrow February 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM  

Ahhh!!! Such an intense, heart attack of a game. It doesn't get much better than that. Love this post. It makes me happy!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails