Weekend Recap


With Valentine's Day tomorrow, I can't resist a good shot of pure romance.  Despite my pesky cold, the weekend was absolutely enjoyable.  We may not have done much but we made the most of our time off.  Some highlights include ::

  • Peggy Sue Got Married - when was the last time you saw this movie? Or have you seen it at all? I had never seen it, and neither had the mister.   We loved it just as much as we hoped.
  • Because I'm sick, I spent a lot of time on the couch with the pup.  I finished reading The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver (so good), caught up on New Girl and drank my fair share of tea.
  • An evening with family / hogging a certain baby...
  • A peaceful Sunday spent eating husband-made cranberry scones and dumpling soup, watching random tv and bits of the Grammy's (I didn't even know Bon Iver was nominated for best new artist and I'm still so weirded out by them being alongside the artists they shared the nomination with - still, I'm happy they won).

In other news, we got Stevie a bell for going potty outside, she's got most of her tricks down pat and even gives me high fives without being taught.  

How were your weekends? Did anyone celebrate Valentine's Day early? Did any or all of you dance to a few Whitney tunes in her honor? 

14 comments:

colleen February 13, 2012 at 7:43 AM  

i did celebrate valentine's day early (due to the long distance relationship, yay). simple and sweet. and yes, i absolutely danced to some whitney tunes and tired to sing along. dancing was ok. singing was not. still loved it.

Mandy Crandell February 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM  

Haven't seen that movie in so long! I'm still in a bit of shock about Whitney Houston. We were away for the weekend, and we heard the news when we got back to our hotel. So sad.

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Stephanie February 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM  

Oh my gosh...I wish my husband cooked like that! :) Hope you are feeling better!

Morgan February 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM  

Loving that photo!
Busy weekend of moving. So tiring but oh so worth it!

Johanna February 13, 2012 at 8:54 AM  

Hope you're feeling better! I love the romantic pic!So happy Bon Iver won, too!

Mal February 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM  

I love Peggy Sue Got Married, I haven't seen it in years though!

Mal @ The Chic Geek

rooth February 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM  

Your puppers is so smart already - you must do an excellent job training her

Gloria February 13, 2012 at 9:37 AM  

This photo is darling! Let me know how it goes with the bells potty training - we were thinking of doing the same with our Toby!

Leslie February 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM  

Even though you were sick, your weekend sounds lovely! We had a quiet weekend, but it was exactly what I think we both needed.

Alexa February 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM  

Perfect weekend...and that photo put me in a nice romantic mood! :)

Amber February 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM  

I loved the The Bean Trees! Have you read her other book, he Poisonwood Bible? It is equally great.

Stephanie February 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM  

Stevie is such a smarty-pants pup!

A Crimson Kiss February 13, 2012 at 4:01 PM  

I'm sorry you're still feeling crummy, but glad you had such a cozy, restful weekend! I just recently watched Peggy Sue Gets Married again and couldn't believe I didn't remember it better!

Erica February 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM  

i love this picture!

xo
Erica

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails