Introducing...



Wyatt Pierce Badger, born March 29, 2013 at 5:26 a.m., weighing 6 lbs even and 19 1/2 long.

My special little guy decided to arrive 6 weeks early.  I don't really know why, but I'll take it.  After spending a week getting used to the world in the NICU, we came home and settled into our new lives as a family of 5 (I was scolded when I said family of 3 because the dog and cat are an important part of the family too).  Motherhood has been wonderful, to say the least.  While it's tough adjusting to things, having him here, having him wrap his tiny fingers around mine, or stare into my eyes when I hold him, makes it all so worth it.

My heart is swollen with an insurmountable kind of love that I'll never be able to put into appropriate words.  Suddenly, everything in this vast world is different.  Buildings are different.  People are different.  The air is different.  The world is better because Wyatt is in it, and nothing can ever change that.

22 comments:

t. April 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM  

This is absolutely beautiful. Congrats to you, mama! The best is yet to come.

Leslie April 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM  

He is gorgeous. Congratulations! Also, my maiden name is Wyatt, so I'm a huge fan of his name. :)

ejdixon April 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM  

You are so sweet, this made me tear up!! So glad to hear that little Wyatt is doing so well. Give him lots of love from Kansas!

Stephanie April 10, 2013 at 12:41 PM  

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! What a happy time for your new family of 5 :)

Anna-Maria April 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM  

I love Wyatt. And I love your beautiful words about how life changes when there's a new arrival. So true, my friend :-)

Johanna April 10, 2013 at 3:06 PM  

Great post! He's precious and I'm so happy for you and guess what - the tough part of pregnancy is done! Hooray! That deserves a glass of wine! Congrats again!

magpie April 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM  

So lovely, my friend! He's so beautiful and you guys are a very lucky family! love love love

Gloria April 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM  

Our next door neighbor is named Wyatt :-) Congrats on your new family addition - what a cutie!

Alexa April 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM  

Oh my gosh! He's here! So happy for you! Congrats, it's a wonderful time!

Michelle April 10, 2013 at 7:56 PM  

Born on my husband's birthday! Congrats!

Stephanie April 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM  

Congrats!!! Wyatt is adorable!

Katie April 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM  

Congratulations!!! He is beautiful--and he looks so content to be in your arms.

colleen April 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM  

congrats! glad he is healthy and well and you both are back home resting. he's beautiful!

Carol {Everyday Delights} April 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM  

Congratulations!! He is beautiful!!!

The Olive Tree Blog April 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM  

awwwwwwww congrats!!!!!!!!!! he is perfect and a big boy for a pre-term :)!! my son was six weeks early so sorry you had to go through all that is can be scary and stressful! he looks wonderful and motherhood looks oh so lovely on you!!!

April April 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM  

He's beautiful. I'm so happy for you and your family!

A Crimson Kiss April 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM  

Oh Mo, congratulations on your handsome new man–I couldn't be happier for you all!

alli/hooray April 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM  

Your words are so sweet! So is he : ) Congrats, and hope you are managing some rest!

rooth April 16, 2013 at 7:56 AM  

My goodness - congrats! He is simply adorable. Welcome Wyatt!

k April 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM  

i am so happy for you!!!! enjoy every minute and you have so much to look forward to!

rachel June 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM  

a big belated congratulations to you, Meagan! Wyatt looks so sweet. I hope you're having an amazing time as a new mother.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails