Baby Shower Goodness

My absolute favorite part of the shower was definitely the cake & cupcakes.  I mean, how cute are they?!  I loved all of my gifts (okay, those are probably my favorite part) and having all my family in one setting again warmed my heart.  But that cake.  So.  Freaking.  Cute!  Ashley Holt, winner of TLC's Next Great Baker, created the confections and did an outstanding job!



The food was delicious and the champagne flowed (fake champagne for me! cider for the kiddos!).



Look at all that loot! I was definitely showered with gifts and love that day.  I'm so grateful, 'cause this whole parenthood endeavor is 'spensive!




It's not everyday I share photos of myself on here, especially when I'm looking like a beached whale. But here you go, one big ole belly shot, even if it is hard to see since I'm wearing a black dress.



My sister-in-law did a terrific job planning everything.  The shower was held at the Mellwood Arts Center here in Louisville in one of their gallery rooms.  It was awesome to be able to walk around and check out art while the shower took place, plus it called for minimal decorating for the main event!



Hey look, it's me again! Bonus!

I was pretty stoked about those JJ Cole sleep sacks, obviously.  Also, the cutie in the bottom left corner was my little helper.  She and Ann handed me presents so I didn't have to bend over to get them (such a big ordeal these days) and threw away all my trash.  Plus, she served the cake.  She rules.


Baby boy got so many cute clothes, coats, blankets and stuffed animals.  Mom and dad got some really great stuff as well, including the "baby cadillac" of travel systems, a video monitor, breast pump, etc.  The best surprise of the day was definitely the mobile my mom handmade.  I'd been coveting an Etsy mobile pretty much since we found out we were expecting but had resisted buying it.  I opted to put it on our registry since we created an online one, but had no idea my mom was going to handcraft one!  It even has a little badger on it, and we've already hung it up above the crib.  We might not have that room together yet (I'll share when we do) but that mobile is up!

It was so wonderful to have my family in town and to get everyone together to honor a super special little guy.  It's hard to believe I'm 30 weeks along and that he'll be here in 2 months!  I can't hardly wait!  

Thanks again, to everyone who was a part of this amazing day, and to everyone who has extended their love and support for us in this endeavor.  We're beyond thrilled to be embarking in this journey with all of you along for the ride!






18 comments:

magpie February 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM  

Yeah!!!! This is so adorable! You look so beautiful and i can't believe how much you've changed in a few months! (i know that seems pretty obvious, but it's still a surprise). Wow! So excited for you, friend!!
Also, the cake and mushroom cupcakes are the cutest!

Michelle February 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM  

Baby showers are the best! Always so many wonderful things! LOVE the cake and what a beautiful place to have the shower.

Lady Grey February 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM  

Fun! The cake & cupcakes are so cute!
Looks like you're really set up for the little guy now.
xo

Johanna February 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM  

What an amazing shower with amazing details. You look great by the way - excited for you!

Stephanie February 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM  

Looks like a fabulous shower!!!! Love the mobile! Super cute!

rooth February 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM  

You look fantastic and yes, that cake is so totally adorable. Congrats again and we're all so excited for you

colleen February 26, 2013 at 5:08 AM  

you look amazing - what an amazing day your shower turned out to be. also, that cake is awesome - my favorite part too.

Alexa February 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM  

You are so so cute! What a fun day for baby boy! :)

A Crimson Kiss February 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM  

What an amazing celebration of a beautiful Mama-to-be! The dessert table, the mobile–I'm crazy about it all!

alli/hooray February 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM  

What an awesome space for a shower...looks beautiful! Especially those desserts.

April February 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM  

Oh my, you got spoiled!! I didn't know you were having a boy! And I didn't know what you looked like! So this was a very informative post. haha :)

Oh, My Darling March 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM  

Aw, it looks like you had such a beautiful and fun shower! What a wonderful and exciting time!

k March 4, 2013 at 8:03 AM  

what an awesome looking baby shower!! i'm glad you had an amazing time:)

Carol {Everyday Delights} March 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM  

Aw looks like a great shower! And you look fantastic!

The Olive Tree Blog March 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM  

are your shower was lovely! You look great!!!!

Jess March 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM  

Oh. My. God. This is by far the best baby shower I have ever seen! I hope you played the Badger song while you were there! Mushroom! Mushroom!

Emily | Recently April 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM  

Awwww, this is adorable! I'm hoping all is well with you and hope to see new baby pics here soon! :)

Paloma May 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM  

This is just too cute! I love all of the adorable mushrooms! Congratulations!! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails