Golden Birthday






Today is my 30th birthday.  On the 30th.  Yeah, I just admitted it.  I'm 30.  Crazy!

Isn't it funny how much things can change in just a year?  For my 29th birthday, I lazed about on the sandy beaches of Jamaica, watched cliff divers plummet to the water at Rick's Cafe and didn't have a care in the world or a clue of what was to come that year.  This year, I'm writing this post as I'm covered in spit-up and spilled breast milk, functioning on little sleep and staring at my two-month-old son with a whole heart full of love.

While having a child restricts us from vacationing in Jamaica and such, the trade off was well worth it.  He might be a cuddly little monster, but he's the best birthday present ever.

Now bring on the cake!

*image

13 comments:

Stephanie May 30, 2013 at 11:31 AM  

Happy birthday!!! I have a feeling 30 is going to be a wonderful year for you :)

Gloria May 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM  

It's amazing how much can change in a small amount of time :-) Happy birthday!

Jaime @ laviejaime May 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM  

happy birthday! what a year it sounds like it's been and your 30th year to come as a mom should be spectacular!

April May 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM  

Aww, what a sweet post. Happy birthday, beautiful lady!

A Crimson Kiss May 30, 2013 at 2:16 PM  

Happy, happy, happiest birthday–what a wonderful year it's been!

rooth May 30, 2013 at 8:00 PM  

Happiest birthday to you!

Johanna May 31, 2013 at 8:24 AM  

Happy birthday darlin! It only gets better!

k May 31, 2013 at 9:36 AM  

happy big 30!!! join the club! :)

Alexa June 3, 2013 at 1:51 AM  

Happy Birthday blog friend! Wyatt is so adorable. Being a mom is definitely ridiculously exhausting at times (most of the time), but it is totally all worth it. They are the absolute best.

Jess June 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM  

Ah! I forgot you had a May birthday too! And I know I'm a bit late in saying this... but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I've been absent from blogging but I'm hoping to make my return soon! Hope you're enjoying your summer with your new little one!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails