Time flies. Whether you're having fun or not, time flies. And now it's Monday again. Wah wah waaaaah. I'm not sure how it happens week after week, but it feels like Friday night is here and the rest of the weekend is yours for the taking. All of a sudden it's Sunday night at midnight and you're panicking because you're really not that tired. And you know how that one ends...
Alas, it is Monday morning and we're back to it. The weekend was lovely and peaceful (with some exceptions, which explains my absence on Friday) and I wasn't ready for it to end. Some highlights include ::
- Fire & Ice - on Thursday we ventured to the water tower to watch our friend Alex draw with lasers. It was incredibly awesome and the whole night was beautiful. Not only did a crowd of people watch him draw with lasers in the dark on glow-in-the-dark paint (with everyone ooh and awe-ing) but among beautiful photographs and sculptures, there was ice sculptures and fire spinners (which we enjoyed with free beers in hand). So much to love. What was not so much to love was coming home to a dog who had diarrhea all night long (tmi, sorry) starting at 3 a.m. after hours of incessant barking. Needless to say, the mister and I got very little sleep that night and I had to work the next day. Boo hiss.
- Free pizza! America won the coin toss and we're Papa Johns members. Free pizza for us, hoorah!
- The Ides of March - I love that Ryan Gosling's character was referred to as Stevie. The movie was good but because of the utter exhaustion, I barely stayed awake.
- The mister hung all of the wainscot in our master bathroom. Now we just need to hang the trim and chair rail, paint and touch some stuff up. Hoorah!
- Raegan's surprise party - she had a hunch, which sucks, but we still had fun surprising her with dinner at Doc Crows. Happy birthday, Raegan!
- Chill Sunday w/the pets. Stevie really is such a sweet pup. She's got that bell system down pat. Now if only she would get a clue when the cat hisses at her.
Happy Monday, lovelies. Here's to a great week!