What a weekend! Man, it was good. So many good things happened that it was almost magical. Some highlights include ::
- Friday night dinner with family + friends - I made blueberry pavlova for dessert and it was as if a sugar cloud !
- Car shopping - we've decided on a 5-door Subaru Impreza! I can't wait to go on many adventures in our affordable, safe and stylish car that gets great gas mileage. Can you tell I'm excited?
- Best regular season college basketball game EVER - With it being the final border showdown between KU and Mizzou and all, there was a lot at stake. The game was in my old stomping grounds, Lawrence, KS. We couldn't let Mizzou win. So when we were down by 19 points in the second half, I kindly took the dog outside. I let her play and sniff for way longer than normal. But when I came in, the game had changed. The game unfolded in ways you can only dream up and I can't even explain how awesome that was to witness. I mean, 19 points? But they did it. In O.T. and by one point. I may or may not have shed some tears of joy, and I'd be lying if I didn't say it felt like we had just won the national title. Needless to say, it was awesome and sums up every little last bit about why college basketball totally rules.
- Napa River Grill - We dined at the most appropriate restaurant we could think of to celebrate our old anniversary. I savored my sea bass, had a little too much wine and enjoyed getting dolled up to spend the evening with my husband.
- The Oscars! Oh my! I'm so proud of Bret McKenzie! And Octavia Spencer! Christopher Plummer (and his sweet speech)! Michelle, Cameron, Natalie...so beautiful!
How were your weekends? Wonderful? I hope so. Here's to a great week ahead!