Happy 4th of July


Hope you're enjoying yourselves today.  We're not really in the celebratory mood considering the dreary, wet weather we're having today.  We had big plans today.  Big.  Sadly, they're ruined by the all-day rain, so no pool lounging/sun bathing day for us.  Too bad, because I even got Wyatt a swim top to go with his swim diaper (so that I could basically dip him in the water because I'm too afraid to do much more!) and he's got a hat and sunglasses to boot.  We'll make it there some day, right?  It seems every single time we've tried to enjoy a pool day this summer the following has happened::

  • The world's worst traffic jam kept us on the highway for 2 hours, thus making us arrive to the party after everyone was done and over it and just in time for dinner.
  • Rain
  • Rain
  • Rain
We've made it in all of one time.  While my husband was actually "working poolside" so it wasn't really the best time ever.  Wyatt's legs were dipped in.  Then he napped the rest of the time we were there.  

So needless to say, I hope everyone else is enjoying beautiful weather, great company and delicious food :)

I think now it's time to booze!


2 comments:

A Crimson Kiss July 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM  

When everything else goes awry, I'm thankful for booze!

Johanna July 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM  

I feel you on the rain. Would love summer to kick it into high gear but somehow it all ended up being a fun week/weekend.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails