Weekend Recap


Happy Tuesday, friends! It's not every week I get to say that - it's kind of nice.  How were your weekends? Mine was...rainy.  And...kind of lonely.  And now that I've bummed you out considerably, here are some highlights ::

  • Reading Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer - I know I'm pretty late to this party but any time is a good time to read some Krakauer.  I'm not quite done but I've reached the climax and it's all downhill (literally, sorry about that pun) from there.  I do appreciate being able to read for hours on the couch on a rainy day, don't you?
  • Watching movies - another pastime that I truly appreciate on a rainy day/weekend. I watched Friends with Kids (all-star cast but it was very surprising to see Kristin Wiig in a role where she wasn't funny) and The Romantics, both of which were pretty decent, especially when you're home alone for the weekend with nothing much to do.
  • Shopping - I hit up the sales but sadly only scored some half-price underthings from Gap Body.  
  • Birthday party - Saturday night I joined some friends at Danny Macs for some pizza and "crack sticks" with good friends.  It was an awkward start (*ahem*, random tweaker, I'm talking about you) with a strong finish.  Happy birthday, Billy!

Other than that I did some bathroom cleaning, took walks in the park with Stevie and listened to some great music at full blast.  But I must admit, I'm extremely happy to have the husbadge home and to not feel so lonely anymore.  How were your weekends? Awesome, I hope :)  

Here's to a great short week ahead! 

4 comments:

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots September 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM  

So excited for the short week ... As long as its not a rainy one!

Laicie September 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM  

Aww glad your hubby is back, but it sounds like it was a pretty good weekend... even if it was a little lonely. :)

Amber September 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM  

I love that book! I never thought I would get into a book about climbing a mountain but its so good!

A Crimson Kiss September 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM  

Is there anything better than a squeaky clean bathroom and your sweetheart back? I think not!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails