Weekend Recap


Monday, Monday.  Not happy to see you, I do declare.  Even though I didn't utilize my free time as I might have wished, a boring weekend of doing nothing is still 100 times better than Monday.  Can I get an 'amen'?!  Some highlights of the weekend include ::


  • It rained cats and dogs on Friday night (tee hee) but we dodged some pretty high winds, thankfully.  
  • Mexican food + errands equaled in a pretty decent Saturday afternoon.  Not to mention the weather was in the low 70s and it felt glorious!
  • Husband did a fine job, a fine job indeed, at finishing up the surround sound/TV move situation. Who needs a professional when you've got a handy husbadge?  No more exposed TV cords - he hid those babies in the wall.  Awesome.
  • Parks and Recreation marathon, thanks Netflix!
  • Brunch with family at Toast - we celebrated a birthday, ate lemon souffle pancakes and had a lovely time.
  • Da Bears!  'Twas nice to watch a Bears game in which a) Cutler did very well (if you can forgive those first few downs) and b) they kicked ass! Woo!

Not much this weekend but it was nice.  How were your weekends? I'd love to hear!

I'm thinking some time away from this blog of mine might be necessary over the coming weeks.  I've lost some inspiration, the discipline and the ambition.  I plan to test the waters of not blogging as much and hope that you guys can stick with me as I do.  Keep checking back though, you never know when a post might pop up!

Last, happy birthday, Hadley!! Here's a little birthday dance for you.

15 comments:

Stephanie September 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM  

AMEN!! Boring weekend > Monday. Always. Although, it sounds like your weekend was actually pretty nice and relaxing. :)

Amber September 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM  

Amen is right! Mondays blow chunks. Hope your vacation from blogland doesnt last too long :)

A Crimson Kiss September 10, 2012 at 2:17 PM  

AMEN to more weekend–and to a little time away from the blog when you need it. I've been thinking I might need some, too!

samantha ramage September 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM  

i miss the weekend too! love the kitty & doggie picture!

xo
sami

ps. check out my giveaway!!!!!!!!
http://glimpseofglamour.blogspot.com/2012/09/in-pink-giveaway.html

Lady Grey September 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM  

I love Parks & Rec too : )
Enjoy your blog break... we all need those once in a while .

colleen September 10, 2012 at 9:24 PM  

that one ear! i die. and yes i'll stick with you, but will miss your regular posts :)

Leslie September 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM  

We got lots of rain too, but now our weather is nice. It sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Stephanie September 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM  

I totally understand needing a break from blogging and not blogging as much. I'm in that situation right now too! I'll stick with ya!

Meg September 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM  

Aw, the weekend is ALWAYS better than Monday! I'm hoping tomorrow takes a long time to get here :) I'm definitely following this blog, it's absolutely darling!!

lifeatruestory4.blogspot.com

k September 17, 2012 at 3:28 PM  

don't worry about not blogging, your readers will be there. for real! i stopped for like a few months and it was fine :)

Jess September 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM  

Was it just me, or was this particular Monday extra rough? Thankfully, today seemed to get better! Hope this message finds you a wee bit closer to the coming weekend!

Emily | Recently September 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM  

Mexican food and Parks & Rec...two of my favorite things! :) I'll admit, I'm a little jealous of your blog break. Enjoy it but I hope to see more from you soon, ya hear?!

k October 4, 2012 at 12:19 PM  

meagan! thanks for your comment, it was good to hear from you :) :)

Johanna October 9, 2012 at 3:29 PM  

That pooch is getting cuter and cuter!

Ashleigh October 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM  

Go Bears!

Seriously, I would not have one bit of electronic awesomeness if it weren't for hubby. Are guys just born being good at that stuff??

As for a blogging break, take all the time you need. I did this summer and ended up on a much longer hiatus than planned but it was so refreshing. Coming "back" was exciting, not expected. Highly recommend blog breaks!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails