Thursday Loves

I've been so unbelievably happy ever since I heard the news yesterday.  Buzzfeed rounded up some of the best images and signs from outside the supreme court before and after the decision was made.  I'll admit, it makes me tear up to see all the happiness. Also, Wendy Davis, you're a real badass. Thank you for literally making a stand for women's rights.

This image of a mama and her baby makes me warm and fuzzy.  Wyatt and I have been enjoying each other lots and lots and I've been seizing every opportunity to get tons of snuggles and kisses in.  He's been following a pretty consistent schedule lately and has been doing really good at night.  The night before last, he slept 11 hours straight! I've studied up on some secrets (this blog is amazingly helpful for any of you with young babes) and we've finally established a nice rhythm.  



Hello, flowy-easy-breezy Free People dress.  You are very lovely. I would love to travel on an amazing getaway with you in my suitcase.


The husband and I have committed to making over our screened-in porch and we're SO EXCITED! We've dropped some serious dough on amazing tile and we can't wait for it to come in so we can get started!  We ordered some terra cotta tile from Lowes and some specialty/decorative tile from a little store in our neighborhood.  Needless to say, it's going to be gorgeous.  


Recently, I made a delicious cherry cobbler and it felt quintessential summer.  It reminded me of our last-minute camping trip to Michigan two years ago when we thought we were moving to Louisville but fate had a different timeline for us.  That was one fun mini-vacation.  We bought roadside cherries, camped in a beautiful forest, hiked the dunes and canoed.  Cherry cobblers are definitely a labor of love, well, making anything with fresh cherries is a tedious task.  But so very worth it!

Hope you all are having lovely weeks! It's almost Friday!


5 comments:

Gloria June 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM  

That sign is AWESOME, and I need that gorgeous Free People dress!

A Crimson Kiss June 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM  

Definitely did a happy dance in my pjs when I read yesterday's news–what a wonderful day!!

Johanna June 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM  

That picture with the mom and her baby is just precious. I love all the things in your Thursday post! It was a good week - glad the babe is sleeping better!

Michelle June 27, 2013 at 6:28 PM  

Glad your son is sleeping better. Sleep makes everyone happy :)

rooth June 27, 2013 at 6:46 PM  

I don't know what it is about Free People and their summer dresses but it makes me want to go all boho even though that's so not me

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails