This weekend was good, but not as good as it was supposed to be. I spent a serious amount of time by the pool, drinking beers and eating food - which in itself, is pretty freaking awesome. We hung out with family and friends and laughed a lot. Some highlights include ::
- Lebowski Fest - we made it out to see my sister-in-law's boyfriend's band play (what a mouthful) while we gawked at festival goers in their bathrobes and such. I had no idea this festival existed but I have to say it was all really great - especially that stamp we got on our arms with a picture of the dude that simply said, "abide".
- Poolside all day Saturday - my in-law's pool totally rules. It's sure been nice to spend my time in there these past 5 days.
- Dinner with awesome people
- Poolside all day Sunday
- Hang out session with pooches + m-i-l
- Breaking Bad season premiere!
All in all it was a good weekend. But did you notice something big was left out of it? I jinxed the house by writing the Friday post, I swear. Something really annoying happened when the loan was with the auditors in the final stage - literally hours before we were set to close. Imagine my dismay - the tears, my hopes crushed. I have no idea when we'll move in and it kills me. So for now I'm just trying to hold my head up high and enjoy as much of that pool as I can (I think I'm succeeding in that). Wish us luck :(
How were your weekends? Any of you Chicagoans go to Pitchfork? Hope everyone is doing well!