Guest post :: Danielle of Breakfast at Toast

Hi. Danielle at Breakfast at Toast here! I am so excited that Meagan asked me to guest post on her blog today! Thank you, Meagan!



I moved from LA to Chicago on August 1st, 2010. I met Meagan in May {and in case you were wondering... yes, she is as sweet as you would imagine her to be.}. Since she is leaving Chicago I have decided to do a little ode to some of the most beautiful sites in this very beautiful city.



 the ferris wheel at navy pier


 view from the ferris wheel. gorgeous!


 view from the water


 love how the water + sky reflect off the buildings


an authentic midwest farmer's market. there's nothing like it.
{at least not for this california girl}


 the beloved bean {aka cloud gate}

the pup is doing lots of this

because it won't be long before he looks like this
he couldn't get over the shock + horror of the snow

i took it a little better than he did.

I also wanted to take a moment to mention Sun Savvy. Early this month I had a mole removed and wrote a story about it on my blog. Alison of Long Distance Loving left a comment, I emailed her, we chatted and Sun Savvy was born. I would love it if you would all stop by, read a little about us + sign our pledge for sun safety!



Meagan, you will be missed in Chicago but I am so excited for this next chapter of your life. I know we will keep in touch and am looking forward to reading about the move on your blog! For more of my adventures in Chicago {+ some in LA, too} and daily posts on fashion, decor + everything that inspires me, please visit Breakfast at Toast.

xo

D

18 comments:

katie walker July 12, 2011 at 8:37 AM  

ohh so pretty! i've never been to Chicago but this makes me want to go on a road trip!!

m_b July 12, 2011 at 8:43 AM  

my great friend lived in chi-town and i can't believe i never went to visit. kicking myself now looking at these!
great post!

Unknown July 12, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

i need to make it to Chicago so close but i never go

Emily {Isnt That Charming} July 12, 2011 at 9:17 AM  

Aw, great pics. I love Chicago! Signed up for the Sun Savvy pledge...and you'll be proud, I wore SPF 30 last weekend! :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. July 12, 2011 at 9:25 AM  

this actually makes me want to go to navy pier... never thought id say that! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Unknown July 12, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

Great post, Danielle! Sad to see Meagan leave Chicago! xoxo

Silver Strands July 12, 2011 at 9:51 AM  

I've been to Chicago, but not like those pictures show! I've just been for conventions and other than eating a real Chicago-Dog, I haven't really experienced it - it looks like an amazing place!

Kristen July 12, 2011 at 10:00 AM  

I can't wait to visit Chicago! I have two friends that live there, and they loveee it so much, they say there is so much fun stuff to do, and the Fireworks were unbelievable this year!

Rebecca July 12, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

Lovely photos of Chicago. I'd love to visit one day!!

Johanna July 12, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

Love these Chicago posts - so fun! Good luck with your move!

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. July 12, 2011 at 11:52 AM  

oh my goodness, that picture of your dog in the snow is absolutely hilarious!!!

A Crimson Kiss July 12, 2011 at 12:00 PM  

Before I started reading all these wonderful blogs, I had no idea how amazing Chicago was! I think I need to make a trip out there in any season-it would be a welcome change from SF's single temperature!

Gloria July 12, 2011 at 12:20 PM  

These photos are so gorgeous - I'm just itching to visit someday soon!

Bud and Leo July 12, 2011 at 2:58 PM  

Congrats on Sun Savvy! Such a great idea and cause!

k July 12, 2011 at 4:15 PM  

i just loooove chicago (i grew up outside of it :))

Unknown July 13, 2011 at 12:38 AM  

i love chicago so much :) i have only been for work, so have not been able to be a true tourist... this makes me want to book a trip! xoxoxo brynn

Jess July 13, 2011 at 6:32 AM  

Great post! Sun Savvy also sounds like a great idea! Heading to check it out!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails