Sorry for the late post, friends...but I am just now hooked up to the series of tubes (haha) called the internet.
Any guesses? Yes?
Yeah, that's right. WE FINALLY MOVED IN!!!
We're homeowners livin' in a home, enjoying every last bit of it.
The weekend was great. We had our closing on Friday, which took less than an hour and we immediately moved in after. With the help of our awesome family, it took an hour to unload our moving truck! Can you believe that? I'm still having a hard time believing it. Some highlights of one of the best weekends ever include ::
- Closing + the best feeling in the world
- Moving in in an hour, obviously a highlight
- Having everyone over to check the house out + hang out
- Waking up in our new house
- Mowing the yard - it was my first time and I gotta admit I liked it *
- Bringing Gus home - it was love at first sight for the little guy
- Saturday w/friends, pizza, beer and oldies
- Sunday dinner with the fam - I've missed this kind of stuff and I'm so happy to be able to get together with everyone whenever we want! If only MY family could move here :)
So many things about this house make me so so so so very happy. It's quiet out here. The only sounds we really hear are cicadas and crickets and things. It's the complete opposite of our life in Chicago, especially because we lived on a very busy street and right next to a bar. At one point in the night, my husband got up to use the bathroom and looked out the window to see the biggest deer walking around in our yard. Until we have vegetables planted** I can say that having deer in our yard is freaking awesome.
Today the internet/tv was set up and tomorrow our brand new washer and dryer arrives. I am so giddy with all the excitement, I feel like I could explode with happiness any moment!
How were your weekends? I'd love to hear! Also, if there is a radio silence from my end, do not worry. We're busy bees unpacking, arranging and painting, oh my!
* It was my first time mowing because growing up my mom and brother loved it too much to ever ask me to do it
** We'll get a fence, don't you worry.