Weekend Recap


Sorry for the late post, friends...but I am just now hooked up to the series of tubes (haha) called the internet.  

Guess what?  

Any guesses?  Yes?  

Yeah, that's right.  WE FINALLY MOVED IN!!!

We're homeowners livin' in a home, enjoying every last bit of it.  

The weekend was great.  We had our closing on Friday, which took less than an hour and we immediately moved in after.  With the help of our awesome family, it took an hour to unload our moving truck!  Can you believe that?  I'm still having a hard time believing it.  Some highlights of one of the best weekends ever include ::

  • Closing + the best feeling in the world
  • Moving in in an hour, obviously a highlight
  • Having everyone over to check the house out + hang out
  • Waking up in our new house
  • Mowing the yard - it was my first time and I gotta admit I liked it *
  • Unpacking
  • Bringing Gus home - it was love at first sight for the little guy
  • Saturday w/friends, pizza, beer and oldies
  • Sunday dinner with the fam - I've missed this kind of stuff and I'm so happy to be able to get together with everyone whenever we want! If only MY family could move here :)

So many things about this house make me so so so so very happy.  It's quiet out here.  The only sounds we really hear are cicadas and crickets and things.  It's the complete opposite of our life in Chicago, especially because we lived on a very busy street and right next to a bar.  At one point in the night, my husband got up to use the bathroom and looked out the window to see the biggest deer walking around in our yard.  Until we have vegetables planted** I can say that having deer in our yard is freaking awesome.  

Today the internet/tv was set up and tomorrow our brand new washer and dryer arrives.  I am so giddy with all the excitement, I feel like I could explode with happiness any moment!  

How were your weekends? I'd love to hear!  Also, if there is a radio silence from my end, do not worry. We're busy bees unpacking, arranging and painting, oh my!


* It was my first time mowing because growing up my mom and brother loved it too much to ever ask me to do it
** We'll get a fence, don't you worry.

33 comments:

Mal July 25, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

What an exciting weekend!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket July 25, 2011 at 1:33 PM  

WOOOHOO isn't it great to feel like your unpacked.?

Ren- Lady Of The Arts July 25, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

what excitement- all the best in your new home.

Mandy Crandell July 25, 2011 at 1:59 PM  

Sounds absolutely lovely! So happy for you!

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/#!/MandyCrandell

Gloria July 25, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

Hooray for new beginnings :-)

Brandi July 25, 2011 at 2:39 PM  

Congrats on finally moving in! You'll have some busy days ahead of you -- I hope you enjoy every moment of creating your new home.

Kyla July 25, 2011 at 2:51 PM  

Congratulations on being homeowners! Sounds like you had a fun weekend, and it must be nice to be out of the city and relaxing :)

Morgan July 25, 2011 at 2:54 PM  

Congratulations! Very exciting!

Quindome July 25, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

Moved in an hour? I know whose family I'll be calling next move and it won't be mine! :) What will be your first fun purchase for the new house? I always love a new Etsy print. Excited to see some pictures and congrats on the house!

Jaime @ laviejaime July 25, 2011 at 3:44 PM  

so glad you are enjoying your new home! what a cute Louisville print.

m_b July 25, 2011 at 3:52 PM  

yay! this is so exciting and i'm so happy for you! :)
we have deer in our backyard too and they are so mystical to watch! (i feed them so they stay away from the peach tree.)

A Crimson Kiss July 25, 2011 at 4:26 PM  

GAH-I'm so excited! I was keeping my fingers crossed that keeping quiet about the move would do the trick! So glad you guys are finally in!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. July 25, 2011 at 4:34 PM  

YAHHH! im so excited for you! congrats!! :) cant wait to see the new place once you're all settled in. xo jillian

Amber July 25, 2011 at 5:09 PM  

so glad you are finally settled and moved in! That must be a great feeling. I cant believe it only took an hour to unload your stuff, thats crazy.

Leslie July 25, 2011 at 6:07 PM  

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Unpacking the truck in an HOUR=awesome. Enjoy these next few days settling in. :)

Anonymous,  July 25, 2011 at 7:34 PM  

YAY! for moving in!! only best wishes for you!
xx
Z

Stephanie July 25, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

Congrats on moving in! Can't wait to see pictures!

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. July 25, 2011 at 9:25 PM  

very nice...congrats! i have still never mowed a lawn b/c i have 2 older brothers!

Sara July 25, 2011 at 10:01 PM  

So awesome! Congrats all around!

Michelle July 25, 2011 at 10:11 PM  

Sounds like everything is going very well! Welcome to the great state of Kentucky :)

Huckleberry Creative July 25, 2011 at 11:06 PM  

Hooray for new homes! What an exciting weekend!

Stephanie July 26, 2011 at 12:08 AM  

Yay!!! Congratulations! :)

Unknown July 26, 2011 at 12:35 AM  

hip, hip HOORAY!!!!! this is such exciting news :) sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend! xoxoxo brynn

Anonymous,  July 26, 2011 at 4:15 AM  

supercongratulations on the new home!! It's always exciting to move in a new place, especially if you own it I believe. The deer in your backyard must be amazing. I know how it feels to move from a big town to a quiet place...you feel like in paradise, don't you?

Rebecca July 26, 2011 at 8:46 AM  

CONGRATS! How exciting. I miss mowing the yard, believe it or not. My little brothers have done it ever since they were old enough, and it's so fun and rewarding :D Can't wait to see pics of all your hard work, moving in and painting!

Tang July 26, 2011 at 10:02 PM  

Congrats! Hope you're all settled in and comfy!!

The Franglaise August 16, 2011 at 3:40 PM  

Hey my dear, as you can see with all my comments I hadn't visited in a little while. I didn't realise that you had moved. I'm interested. We're also thinking of making the city/country transition. I love Paris but city life if not the life, is it? I feel that even more now that we have a kid. When I see him playing in the noisy, polluted streets of Paris it makes me sad. Anyway, our decision is still not 100% sure but we are seriously thinking about it. Ahhh, decisions are so hard to make!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails