Any ideas?

I've had some good ideas for albums to give as gifts this year (see here and here for some suggestions), but I'm leaning towards buying them as mp3s because:

1. it's greener, and

2. no one listens to CDs any more. Also,

3. it's so near christmas, I don't trust they'll arrive on time

4. plus it's cheaper, so I can buy everyone more music!

So for all those great reasons, I don't think it's a faux pas to give people music this way.

But: how do you present someone with a gift like this? Can anyone think of any cool creative ways to actually "give" these albums to people on the day? Idears, please.

3 comments:

dave texas,  December 18, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

this isn't at all greener but it would be fun to make. you could make some "paper vinyl" by getting some construction paper and cutting out circles. you could then make a little label for the center of the record and even a sleeve with your own interpretation of the original artwork. i did this for a lady i was seeing. it was fun to make and she really enjoyed it.

or, in order to save paper, you could make a little download card with fancy doodles on it. maybe glue a picture onto it. or something.

Unknown December 18, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Ooh, that's a wonderful idea. It's always best to have them open a physical present. You could also put the songs on Bart's iPod or computer (if this is for him) and then wrap that up like a new gift! here are some wrapping paper ideas too...and if you want, just wrap a box up for me and I'll leave it wrapped up forever and ever because it's so pretty!
http://www.stylemepretty.com/2009/12/16/diy-gift-wrap-by-grey-likes-weddings/

Anna-Maria December 19, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

That IS a wonderful idear. I'm doing a trip to the craft store today, so I think I'll sit under my tree and do some serious crafting today - I can hardly wait :-). Thank you for sharing :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails