Weekend Recap + A Winner!


{we did it!}

I can't believe it's Monday again.  The weekend flew by - probably because I had an amazing time and did things I love with people I love and ate good food.  I mean, that's all it takes for a weekend to be terrific, right?  Some highlights include ::


  • Christmas tree!!!  We picked ours out at a lot down the street and supported the marching band for a local high school.   Our tree was $10 cheaper than we ever paid in Chicago and we know where the proceeds are actually going.  It's all big and fluffy and even though it doesn't smell like a fresh tree should, it's still perfect.
  • Decorating!  We bought the biggest outdoor bulbs we could find, bought a few wreaths and a couple strands of garland.  I had fun, needless to say.  And the mister did too - it's not every day he gets to climb out on the roof with a staple gun in hand.  We also couldn't resist the urge to light a fire while hanging the stockings and lighting the tree.  Total warm and fuzzies.
  • Lunch with Nanny, my husband's grandmother.  She treated us to an afternoon in Shelbyville, KY, eating at The Science Hill Inn (which totally weirded me out, I felt like I was on the set of The Help and it was rather uncomfortable) and looking at very expensive antiques.
  • Bardstown Aglow - Shop local was the theme of the night.  Even though we didn't buy anything, we enjoyed "shopping" the local bars afterward.  
  • Wild Eggs - see where I'm going with this?  Lots of good food was consumed this weekend.  Lots.  My mother-in-law treated us "kids" to brunch at one of Louisville's finest spots - Wild Eggs, all for taking our picture.  Luckily we live down the street from their newest location because - It. Is. Superb.
  • Last but not least, we stocked up our holiday bar (well, somewhat) and sampled our newest selections.  It's bad how much fun it is to go on a shopping spree at the liquor store.  I promise though, we're not as bad as it might sound.

How were your weekends? I'd love to hear!  

Finally - to announce our winner of the Marissa B. giveaway!  Congratulations, Erika of Tiptoe Butterfly!  May you rock those beautiful earrings all year long!

19 comments:

Unknown December 5, 2011 at 7:24 AM  

thank u lovey - i can NOT wait to get those pom=pom earrings - they are SUCH a gem!!!

and i LOVE how u decorated ur house!!!!! - i'm all decorated too outside - and ALL my lights are working!!!

Kyla December 5, 2011 at 7:30 AM  

Oh, it sounds like you had a lovely weekend! My weekend was filled with Christmas shopping...it's just so much fun getting into the holiday spirit!

Mandy Crandell December 5, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

The house looks great! I wish I could say that my weekend was as good as yours.

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

samantha ramage December 5, 2011 at 8:40 AM  

gorgeous house!
i still need to put up my tree!

xo
sami

Stephanie December 5, 2011 at 9:01 AM  

Your house looks so festive!

Tiffany Kadani December 5, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

Oh, when I visit your area I will so be going to Wild Eggs.

I love how you got into the Christmas spirit so early and so full on. Yay!

The Olive Tree Blog December 5, 2011 at 11:39 AM  

oh love your lights!!! and I am still swooning over your front door!

Johanna December 5, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

Your house is tres adorable! I love it!

Amber December 5, 2011 at 1:48 PM  

You did it! We still need to put our lights up. Your house looks so pretty and festive. the bigger bulbs are definitely the way to go.

this free bird December 5, 2011 at 1:49 PM  

I love your house decs! You guys did a great job...and I kinda want to hear more about this lunch.

Punctuation Mark December 5, 2011 at 2:14 PM  

love it when you buy things and the money really does make a difference!

vintch December 5, 2011 at 3:09 PM  

congrats to erika!

your weekend sounds fabulous dear, especially because it is centered around food, which always makes for a wonderful time:) have a beautiful day!

Marian December 5, 2011 at 3:44 PM  

I agree, the weekend went by wayyy too fast!! Friday was date night and we saw Arthur Christmas...loved it. Saturday did a little cleaning and more Christmas decorating...and Sunday is always recovery day which includes church and Dunkin Donuts:)

PS- Love the lights!!

Jess December 5, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

Your house looks great! We don't have time to get our lights up this year. Makes me sad :(

Cara Kuhl December 5, 2011 at 10:18 PM  

congratulations on your beautiful home! I was just wondering today if it'd be silly to decorate our balcony as if it were the front of a house. thoughts? :)

shellie December 5, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

your place looks terrific!

Chelsea Finn December 6, 2011 at 12:17 AM  

aw it sounds like you had a great weekend. i also had a good weekend full of relaxation and christmas cheer. :)

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

jillian :: cornflake dreams. December 6, 2011 at 6:55 AM  

yah! congrats on getting your tree and decorating :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails