Weekend Recap


Good morning, everyone!  Although I wish it was still Saturday morning, it's nice to say hello again to all of you.  The weekend was great - it flew by as fast as possible (as it always does), we had a lot of fun and I'm sad it's over.  Some highlights include ::

  • Dinner + high school girls basketball - the in-laws treated us to dinner and took us to see my husband's stepsister beat their rivals in some bball.  It was pretty freaking awesome.
  • Lazy Saturday - I wrapped Christmas presents, ate chilaquiles, took a long, hot shower and had a mid-afternoon cocktail.  
  • KU victory over Ohio State!  Oh how sweet it was.  Then it was followed by IU beating UK and I was in heaven!
  • Birthday dinner! The mister turns 30 on Tuesday so our friends came out to dinner with us and we feasted on deliciousness at Ramsi's.  
  • Mini birthday party!  Just the way we like it.
  • Christmas shopping - we're getting so close to being done now.  There are a lot of presents wrapped under the tree. Needless to say, there are some lucky family members, ha ha.
  • Our Idiot Brother - it's really pretty funny (although, as with every movie in this genre, it gets cheesy/sappy toward the end) and I enjoyed the cast thoroughly.  It's the perfect movie for Sunday nights when you need a good laugh (we did, we watched the Bears blow a 10 point lead in the last couple minutes against the Broncos.  No good, Bears, no good.)

How were your weekends? Excellent, I hope!  Here's to a great week!

9 comments:

Mandy Crandell December 12, 2011 at 8:24 AM  

I'd love for it to still be Saturday too! Out Idiot Brother is a funny movie. My boyfriend cannot stop watching it.

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Jess December 12, 2011 at 9:32 AM  

This weekend just FLEW by! At least I just have one more week until my Christmas vacation begins!

Leslie December 12, 2011 at 10:43 AM  

Sounds like a great weekend! My weekend was the perfect mix of doing nothing with the husband, hanging out with friends, and going out for a nice dinner ala the husband's holiday party!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts December 12, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

I have My Idiot Brother on hold at the library- looking forward to seeing it.

The Olive Tree Blog December 12, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

I wrapped Christmas presents too...I thought it would never end!

Amber December 12, 2011 at 2:06 PM  

I still have so many presents to wrap! Sounds like you had another lovely weekend.

April December 12, 2011 at 2:22 PM  

That picture is CRACKING me up. Seriously. Thank you for that.
I had a lazy Saturday, too. It was wonderful!

A Crimson Kiss December 12, 2011 at 2:23 PM  

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't believe how quickly this weekend went by! It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time, but I'm ready for more Saturday!

Punctuation Mark December 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM  

that images is so cool!!! glad to know you had a good weekend!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails