Weekend Recap


Good morning, everyone!  We're back to reality after a blissful weekend and I'm already counting down the days until my work week is over.  Christmas is SO soon and we leave for our trip to Kansas on Wednesday! Yowza's.  This weekend was excellent and I'm really in the Christmas spirit big time.  Some highlights include ::

  • Holiday music + baking whoopie pies and "chicken" buffalo dip
  • Holiday party! The potluck was a success and we merrily partied the night away 
  • Cozy Saturday in our pj's
  • Dinner at the Village Anchor - it was incredibly cozy inside and quaint on the outside, it was decorated for Christmas and the fire was lit.  
  • Yahtzee in front of the fireplace.  Even Gus hung out in the box...
  • Sunday fun day - friends/family came over for dinner and we all watched Home Alone.  Sunday's are really pretty great when spent like that
  • A new dresser! The mister's grandpa made us a beautiful walnut dresser and it was dropped off as an early Christmas present.  It smells so wonderful and looks absolutely stunning.  I'm in love!

How were your weekends? Festive and warming, I hope.  Here's to a lovely week, my friends!

21 comments:

The Olive Tree Blog December 19, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

great movie...your dresses sounds lovely as well as anytime spent in front of the fireplace~

Leslie December 19, 2011 at 8:17 AM  

I love that you guys watched Home Alone! It sounds like a great weekend, and that it really put you in the Christmas mindset. Congrats on the dresser!

Morgan December 19, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

Your weekend sounds like mine! We spent a lot of time in our pj's watching Christmas movies. :)

Mal December 19, 2011 at 9:25 AM  

sounds like a fantastic weekend!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Stephanie December 19, 2011 at 9:31 AM  

Buffalo chicken dip and Home Alone? That's a complete weekend! :)

Stephanie December 19, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

sounds like a great weekend! have a safe trip :)

k December 19, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

have a lovely trip!!! we had a relaxing w/e as well, which is weird because it's so close to xmas :)

April December 19, 2011 at 12:31 PM  

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. I am feeling like Scroooooge. It's awful.

m_b December 19, 2011 at 12:52 PM  

ok, what a perfect weekend! (i LOVE yahtzee!)

A Crimson Kiss December 19, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

What a fabulous, festive weekend! We got down with Saturday in jammies, too-there's isn't anything better!

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS December 19, 2011 at 2:33 PM  

Perfect Christmasy weekend. I love Home Alone!! And yatzee, ooh, I'm gonna have to dig mine out. xo

Lady Grey December 19, 2011 at 3:57 PM  

Ok so Home Alone is my all-time favourite Christmas movie - we watch it every year!

And homemade/handmade wooden furniture is such a precious gift! I'm sure you'll treasure it forever.
xo

Amber December 19, 2011 at 4:29 PM  

I love Home Alone! That is one film that still to this day makes me laugh out loud.

Alexa December 19, 2011 at 4:34 PM  

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. We had a party and dinner with family...it was good...busy but good.

Corinna December 19, 2011 at 6:11 PM  

Home Alone is an absolute in my household! Glad you had a great weekend!

Michelle December 19, 2011 at 6:28 PM  

Wonderful that you received a walnut dresser. My father-in-law made one for me when I married, out of black walnut. It is something you will treasure forever!

Unknown December 19, 2011 at 9:17 PM  

sounds like a fantastic weekend :) home alone is my all time fave! we watch it with friend this weekend, as well! xoxoxo brynn

Sandy a la Mode December 19, 2011 at 11:07 PM  

i LOVE home alone!! such a classic movie!!

Tracey December 20, 2011 at 1:12 AM  

Awesome! Your weekend sounds great ... bring on that Christmas and holidays I say!! :)

Kyla December 20, 2011 at 7:26 AM  

Ohh, sounds like a great weekend! Yahtzee in front of the fireplace sounds amazing. I'm also counting the days down until this work week is over...

Erin December 20, 2011 at 1:46 PM  

Aw, sounds like such a nice weekend. Only a few more days til the next weekend! Whahoo!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails