2012


2012 was a pretty great year for us, but even so, I'm rather glad to see it go.  2013 will be a BIG year for our family, and quite frankly, I can't wait.  

I did not intend to slip away from this blog.  I did not intend to desert my blog friends or shy away from sharing amazing internet finds.  It just sort of feels right to spend less and less time in this corner of the internet of mine.  For that I apologize, and for that I thank you for understanding.

2012 brought a lot of pretty cool things.  We got a doggie! And as of tomorrow, we've officially had her for an entire year!  She has changed our lives (maybe not Gus) for the better, even if her breath smells like the garbage.  We had so many awesome visitors!  We traveled to Jamaica where I celebrated my 29th birthday!  We gardened! We replaced our expired septic system.  Please note, that one does not deserve an exclamation point, but I am relieved that it a) works properly and b) won't need replacing for a long, long time.  And last but not least of the highlights of 2012 - we got PREGNANT!  

And for your curiosity...


We found out two weeks ago, but honestly, we already knew.  I had a feeling from the moment I knew I was pregnant - and so did a majority of our friends and family.  My mom wouldn't even step foot in the girls section and bought us plenty of boy stuff long before the ultrasound confirmed it.  We're very excited, needless to say, and have started to go a little bonkers with the registry and setting up the nursery.  Christmas was good to our son, so project organizethenurseryasapbeforethecatgetstrappedundercopiousamountsofclothes needs to start now.

We have no big plans for NYE this year.  I'm okay with that.  Being pregnant for me means I can't enjoy things the way I used to.  However, I found some alcohol-removed champagne and I may paint my nails something festive.  It'll have to do :)

I'm happy, healthy and ready for the new year.  So welcome, 2013!

8 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket December 31, 2012 at 11:41 AM  

Awww such a great year :) Enjoy the quiet moments before baby comes because it's quite an adventure.

Stephanie December 31, 2012 at 12:40 PM  

Congratulations!! 2013 is going to be such an awesome year for you! I can't wait to see/hear all about it :)

colleen January 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM  

happy new year lady! and congrats on your impending little boy.

rooth January 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM  

Oh BOY oh BOY! That's wonderful news. 2013 is off to a bang already!

Gloria January 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM  

Congrats on your little man! Wishing you only the best in 2013 :-) Happy new year!

Alexa January 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM  

Such a good year ahead for you! Congrats on the BOY! I have some big news to announce next week too. ;) Happy New Year! xo

A Crimson Kiss January 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM  

A baby badger–congratulations!! 2013 is going to be such an exciting year!

Oh, My Darling January 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM  

Happy 2013! I'm getting back into blogging this year and was so very excited to see how thing have been going for you. Congratulations on your wonderful news about a new addition to the family!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails