Friday's Fancies + Happy New Year!

New Years

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

Happy New Year, bloggie friends!  It's hard to believe 2013 is here and well underway but I am very much looking forward to it.  Since the start of the year, we've had some good and relaxing times that I think will reflect our year to come.  The word "low key" rings true to our lifestyle and even after baby comes, I imagine we'll maintain that phrase, even with a wailing newborn in the background.  

Today's Friday's Fancies is an ode to the new year and an ode to my outlook of the year ahead.  Pregnancy may keep me in yoga pants and oversized sweaters but I've still found ways to reflect my personal style and stay true to myself.  I might have to change my favorite purse out for a stylish backpack/diaper bag, and I might have to switch out cute strappy sandals for easy slip-ons, but there are ways of doing so that keep me happy.  Plus, if I could live in soft cashmere, I think I'd be all set.  If only.

What are you up to this weekend?  Tonight we'll be hanging out with some fave people and tomorrow we're adventuring to Cincinnati to spend the afternoon day at Ikea.  I haven't been to Ikea in a hot minute so I'm both anxiously awaiting it and dreading the trip at the same time.  Hopefully we'll score some good nursery finds and load up on picture frames to fill the house without any spats or meltdowns :)

Whatever you get up to this weekend, I hope you enjoy yourselves!  Oh, and last but not least ::

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNA-MARIA!

10 comments:

rooth January 4, 2013 at 10:48 AM  

Oh best of luck on your IKEA trip. I've found that I both love / hate furniture shopping

Stephanie January 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM  

J'adore this outfit. I've been wanting moccasins for a while and I love the edge those studs add. Good luck at Ikea. I need to make a trip there, too, but that place is a black hole for time so I'm waiting till I have a day with nothing else planned!

Unknown January 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM  

Ikea has lots of stuff for a cute baby's room! Happy New Year. Fun to find you on #FF!

A Crimson Kiss January 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM  

I love this look–and the sound of a low key lifestyle, even with baby! Fingers crossed you score lots of good stuff at IKEA!

Blue Dog Belle January 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM  

Love this look! Have a fantastic weekend lovely!

Shon January 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM  

Have fun at Ikea....I need to hitch a ride with you! LOL

I am really into comfy these days and this outfit is a keeper.

Enjoy your weekend.

Leslie January 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM  

Happy New Year! Good luck at Ikea. :)

Jess January 6, 2013 at 6:25 PM  

I actually LOVE this casual look.... and apparently I've got some catching up to do! Did I hear you say "pregnant"? Congrats!!!!!

PS: Happy New Year

Tiffany Kadani January 9, 2013 at 4:06 PM  

Love love love this outfit!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails