Going to a Sock Hop + Have a Spooktacular Weekend!

Friday's Fancies Halloween Edition


I can't believe today is already Friday! This week pretty much flew by for me - which is great, because I've been looking forward to today for good reasons.  Not only is it my sister-in-law's birthday but we have Chicago friends visiting this weekend!  This afternoon I am going to see Paranormal Activity 3, which I am slightly nervous about because I had a scary dream last night.  Our friends arrive just in time for dinner and after, we're all celebrating the birthday with good live music and drinks!  

This week's Friday's Fancies is a little different than normal (is it obvious?!).  Today we're all creating a budget-less Halloween costume fit for the holiday on Monday - can you believe it's only a few days away? Are you sick of me talking about Halloween yet?!  I have never gone as a Sock Hop girl - is that even the correct term?  Something about this costume is appealing to me this year though.  I love the skirt + it looks very warm, as does the blouse.  They both look soft and comfy, too.  Usually, if I were to dress up as something traditional, I would spice it up in my own way.  For instance, when I was 21, I dressed up as a flapper girl (for like the fifth time in my life) but this time I was shot in the head, i.e., a zombie flapper girl.  The year before I was a fallen angel, complete with my own handmade wings (my 2 best friends were fallen angels as well, it was awesome) and we really amped up the dead factor.  So if I were to really wear this sock hop/poodle girl costume, I'd likely wear some zombie makeup just to make it feel a little more like me.  

What are your plans this weekend?  I'm not entirely sure what our weekend is looking like but I hope we get the chance to see lots of costumes and have a few laughs over my husband dressed up as Abe Lincoln.  He seriously fits the part so well.

Whatever you get up to this weekend, have a fantastic time!  Be safe and enjoy the festivities!  Also, be sure to check out all the other amazing FF costumes over at {long distance loving}!


31 comments:

Marie October 28, 2011 at 10:23 AM  

Looks like you are going to be busy having fun this weekend!:D Stay safe and warm.;D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Alexa October 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM  

Oooh have a blast! sounds like an amazing time!

Stephanie October 28, 2011 at 10:55 AM  

A sock hop! I dressed up with a poodle skirt one year for Halloween and it was fabulous! I remember wearing my dad's varsity jacket with it!

Jess October 28, 2011 at 11:08 AM  

Such a fun idea! And I love those glasses! Happy Halloween!

Stephanie October 28, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

I love this! The milkshake is the perfect accessory :)

Tang October 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM  

First of all, I laughed at your ear-piercing story. Too hilariously cute! Haha. Second, sounds like it'll be a fun weekend. Enjoy all the fun! :)

m_b October 28, 2011 at 12:57 PM  

oh so cute! very reese witherspoon in pleasantville! have fun!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip October 28, 2011 at 1:27 PM  

SO cute! I totally want the top and shoes for every day!

rachel October 28, 2011 at 1:59 PM  

I agree that this week went by so fast! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Ashleigh October 28, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

I love your spin on the traditionals! I've always wanted to be a flapper girl...
Abe Lincoln?! I hope you have some pictures for us next week!

Kate @ Daffodils October 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

Aw I love this and would totally wear that shirt any ol day. I looove some sparkle :) Have a great weekend!

Tyler October 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

You and my husband would get along great! He loves zombies. Like really really loves them. I on the other hand, love your outfit! Super cute!

April October 28, 2011 at 3:13 PM  

I'd create a whole back story for this zombie costume. You are dead as a result of the evils of 50s drunk driving and a handsy boyfriend. Yes.

Anonymous,  October 28, 2011 at 3:54 PM  

This is so dang cute!! Bad that I want to wear this outfit on a normal day instead of Halloween...??

Amber October 28, 2011 at 5:14 PM  

My mom wants me to go see Paranormal Activity 3 with her but I just know it would scare the pants off me. Hope it doesnt give you nightmares!

ally (the ruffled lace) October 28, 2011 at 5:40 PM  

this is the most adorable! your skirt is to die for xx

Unknown October 28, 2011 at 5:49 PM  

Love this costume! It is so cute!! The glasses are seriously fabulous...

Sounds like you have a heck of a weekend planned! Hope it is just as awesome as it sounds!

Michelle October 28, 2011 at 7:48 PM  

Sounds like a great time! LOVE that skirt.

siddathornton October 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM  

ahhhhh, good luck with paranormal activity 3... i don't think i'll ever be able to see it (i'm a total wimp when it comes to scary movies). but i loooooooove your 50s girl look - so much fun! have a a great weekend!

Poppies and Sunshine October 29, 2011 at 2:50 AM  

This is such a cute 50s outfit! That would be so fun to wear for Halloween! I don't have any plans for Halloween so I won't be dressing up, but I wish I was!

whitney October 29, 2011 at 7:39 AM  

such a cute costume idea!!

and please let us know about PA3. i have effectively gotten around seeing all three for good reasons...i am a scardy cat.

i wish you SWEET dreams at night after that!

Anonymous,  October 29, 2011 at 11:23 AM  

Ah so fun! I've always wanted to do a 50's girl. Have fun this weekend
xx
z

Marian October 29, 2011 at 3:22 PM  

Oh, I love it! What a great idea...may just have to steal fit for next year;)

Ima October 30, 2011 at 5:16 AM  

That skirt is just so cute. I absolutely adore it. I'm thinking about buying that kind of skirt. Hope I'll be able to find it. Fantastic job you have here :)

Miss Amy October 30, 2011 at 8:16 AM  

I would wear that shirt anyday!! :) Love the cute idea!

natasha {schue love} October 30, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

SUCH a cute costume idea! The poodle skirt is adorable! :)

natasha {schue love} October 30, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

SUCH a cute costume idea! The poodle skirt is adorable! :)

ali v. October 30, 2011 at 5:41 PM  

You'd be one super cute sock-hop girl in this outfit, pretty lady ;) hope your action-packed weekend went by smoothly...loving your Friday's Fancies, as always! xoxo {av}

Megan @ Lovely Happenings October 30, 2011 at 10:39 PM  

Oh, love the poodle skirt. Great idea.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails