Weekend Recap

{my mom's haunted living room, and this picture does not do it any justice...}

Being home means two different things to me.  The obvious is being home, where I live, in my house. The other is being home in Kansas with my entire family.  I enjoy both and can honestly say it's amazing to "be home".  I am so tired and exhausted and thankful for a safe journey, and I am also so overjoyed and full of love from being home.  Not to mention I already miss them all terribly.  It was a great trip all in all.  Some highlights include ::


  • Coffee talk with my mom
  • Play time with the kids
  • Family dinner with homemade lasagna and cupcakes that the girls and I made/frosted
  • Family game time
  • Family bowling
  • Dinner out with my cousins (one of who just got engaged!)
  • Drinks with my stepbrother & stepsister-in-law
  • Watching 9-year-olds play football (my nephew looked great out there, even though they lost)
  • More Aunt Mimi time - the littlest one and I got a lot of hang time in and it was pretty much awesome.  
  • Halloween party! Our whole family came over, the kids dressed up and my mom created tons of game stations for them all to win tickets.  She put out a ton of prizes like an arcade and they went nuts.  It was hilarious!
  • On our drive home we listened to The Great Gatsby in its entirety.  
  • Bears win!

How were your weekends? Heart warming, I hope.  Even though I'm not nearly ready enough for it to start, here's to a great week! 

23 comments:

Kyla October 17, 2011 at 7:37 AM  

Sounds like you had a great family weekend! I also spent the weekend visiting my family...always a great way to spend a cool fall weekend!

Michelle October 17, 2011 at 8:10 AM  

Sounds like a perfect time and you topped it off with a novel for the ride. Excellent.

rooth October 17, 2011 at 8:25 AM  

That living room is NUTS! How fun for the kids and adults

Annie October 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

i love that your family gets to into halloween! it sounds like so much fun! :)

Morgan October 17, 2011 at 9:38 AM  

Okay, so your mom must be real cool. She has a haunted living room for heaven's sake!

Leslie October 17, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

I'm so glad that you were able to go home to Kansas. I love going to my parent's home as well; it will always feel like home to me I hope. It sounds like you had a great weekend and made some wonderful memories!

Shari October 17, 2011 at 10:31 AM  

I love that your mom goes all out for Halloween. Sounds like a fabulous weekend. :)

Kaleido Mind October 17, 2011 at 10:32 AM  

wow, your mom did a great job on her living room!!

Lady Grey October 17, 2011 at 10:42 AM  

Sounds perfect! Isn't good old family time so rejuvenating? There's nothing quite like it.
xo

Huckleberry Creative October 17, 2011 at 11:31 AM  

Sounds like a really wonderful weekend... That Halloween party sounds legit as does listening to The Great Gatsby! :)

The Olive Tree Blog October 17, 2011 at 12:26 PM  

glad you had fun! I bet your mom is the best grandma...my daughter would love her decor!

Cara Kuhl October 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

Sounds like the perfect family weekend. Happy Monday!

Amber October 17, 2011 at 12:56 PM  

family bowling is where its at! i am actually pretty terrible at bowling but its still a fun game to play. happy monday :)

Ashleigh October 17, 2011 at 1:32 PM  

Totally feeling ya on home vs. home. Talk time with mom is one of my favorite things on the planet :) Oh and 3 words - ninety. eight. yards. that was insane!!

Miss Amy October 17, 2011 at 3:10 PM  

What a great weekend! Listening to books on tape is the way to travel - makes it so much more interesting!

A Crimson Kiss October 17, 2011 at 3:34 PM  

Oh my goodness, what an amazing living room! It sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend, and I'm so delighted!

kimbirdy October 17, 2011 at 3:58 PM  

oh i'm so happy for you, to be with loved ones in a place you can call home. that's such a good feeling.

Nikki October 17, 2011 at 5:12 PM  

I love family time. Is that really your Mom's living room? Awesome!

Johanna October 17, 2011 at 9:06 PM  

Awww this sounds like such an amazing weekend. Cheers to family time and can I just say your mom rocks!!!??

Karena October 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM  

Oh this sounds like my family get togethers!!

From one Kansas Girl to another!

I have a Designer Pillows Giveaway I hope you will join!!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

tea with lucy October 18, 2011 at 3:12 AM  

There's no place like home! (wasn't dorothy from Kansas?) I know exactly what you mean. it's been decades since i lived where i grew up. where my extended family are. but it's still home to me.

Anonymous,  October 18, 2011 at 3:35 AM  

to me, what makes my city great and homey its the fact that I live away. It is always so good to come back now.

Mandy Crandell October 18, 2011 at 8:48 AM  

Awesome family time! That living room is incredible!

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/#!/MandyCrandell

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails