The ole weekend recap. I can honestly say, it was another good weekend. But really, when are weekends not that good? It was a lovely fall weekend in Kentucky, with friends and family and a little bit of Johnny Depp. Just the way I like it. Some highlights include ::
- Hang time at Z-Bar - 'twas lovely to be in the company of a lovely lady
- Family lunch - I think it's still so strange (but in a good way) to just be able to go to these things now without a lot of travel. We celebrated the mister's stepbrother's birthday with good food, followed by a trip to the casino (which I did not join in on). The mister won $250!
- Since it was such a gorgeous and sunny day, I opted to not spend it inside a dingy casino with no windows, full of cigarettes. I don't like to gamble anyway, so the sister-in-law and I went and popped some bubbly and hung out backyard style.
- Since the mister won $250, he treated me to a lovely tapas dinner at North End Cafe. From the ginger mojito to the rosemary and olive oil sauteed shrimp, it was a delicious and tasty meal.
- We went back home, drank some Chimay and enjoyed a lovely evening at home (and some Charlie Day on SNL)
- Sunday was another lovely day so we woke up and went on a 2 mile hike around Anchorage. It is seriously so pretty this time of year.
- After a relaxing afternoon, we went and saw The Rum Diary at the last matinee showing. After all, if your mister randomly wins $250, you celebrate by doing things you don't normally do (especially when you've been on a spending freeze). The movie was pretty funny and Johnny Depp was enjoyable as always. You don't necessarily need to see this in theaters but if you're itching to go to the movies like I was, this is a good pick.
- We ended the weekend with some Dr. Mario and beers and yes, it ruled.
How were your weekends? Wonderful, I hope. Here's to a great week ahead!