What a week! I think I am alone on this one but a part of me is slightly relieved it's Monday. But let's pretend I didn't really just say that. You see, I had a very wonderful week, full of the 3 most important f's = family, friends and food. For over a week, we had family and friends staying at our house, keeping us company and full of warmth. But now Monday is here, we are back to our same ole routine and the kitty can peacefully sleep in his favorite spot(s). Normalcy has returned and I'm feeling thankful for both warm and fuzzies and also normalcy, sweet normalcy.
Some highlights of the last week include ::
- Games! We played so many we lost count. I won pretty much all of them, and that is fun to admit.
- Bourbon's Bistro! We treated my folks to a gourmet Kentucky meal for my mom's birthday. All of our food was prepared with bourbon, naturally. We ate with smiles on our faces and laughed about the Scotty Davenport show being filmed behind us.
- Birthday karaoke! Our friend Alex turned the big 3-0 and to celebrate, we all put ourselves out there and jammed some karaoke tunes to a broad audience. It was pretty fun, needless to say.
- TURKEY DAY! Holy me oh my was Thanksgiving good. My mister is seriously the best person ever. He woke up and started churning out one success after another. By the time I woke up and had my coffee, mostly everything was done or in the oven. I was impressed. We successfully hosted one of the best Thanksgivings of my life and I am so thankful for that. I'm also so very thankful for so many things - but most importantly for every single person that was there that day. How great is it that both the mister and I's folks are fun for our friends to be around?!
- Mammoth Cave + Jim Beam Distillery Tour! We trekked down south and embraced my stepdads geology love. We walked through a mammoth cave and stared in awe at all the beauty. It all blows me away! Jim Beam was on the way home and what better way to end your stay in Kentucky than to tour a distillery! We took a quick tour and sampled two of their top shelf bourbons.
- My folks left early Saturday morning so we spent the remainder of our weekend with visiting friends.
- Vegging on the couch. It was truly needed. Such a great way to end such a crazy good week.
How were your holidays? I'd love to hear! Again, congrats to Erin for winning the Shabby Apple giveaway! And hello to all of my new followers - so excited to meet you!