Weekend Recap



Good morning, lovelies!  How were your weekends? Wonderful, I hope.  Ours was pretty good - aside from the fact that I spent most of it just trudging through, feeling a little off.  I still haven't become officially sick, but I can't tell if the fatigue and scratchy throat is going away or if it's just going to be kept at bay for awhile.  Does this happen to any of you?  

Anyway...'twas a good weekend.  Some highlights include ::

  • MEETING DOGGIES!!  We're seriously starting the dog adoption process and on Friday evening we ventured down the street to meet a few pooches and to introduce ourselves to the foundation.  They're on the look out for the perfect match and I couldn't be more thrilled!
  • Cumberland Brews - we decided to go out to eat afterwards and enjoy some casual hang time with good people.  
  • Brunch - the husband's grandma came over and we served her biscuits + gravy.  Seriously, he makes the best biscuits and gravy.  He also watches a lot of Good Eats...
  • Spending the afternoon going to LaGrange for furniture shopping and also the mall for other shopping.  I can't remember the last time I can honestly say I went to the mall.  It was enjoyable and we totally got some double doozies from the cookie store.
  • Saturday night veg fest.  Since I'm not feeling 100%, I opted to stay in on Saturday while the hubs went to a bourbon party.  It was nice, I rested on the couch, knit, watched some of this and played some of that.
  • Homemade french toast.
  • U of L basketball!  Raegan treated me with a ticket to the Louisville men's basketball game vs. Lamar.  I loooove going to NCAA basketball games and she knew it.  It seriously made my month!  Even though the seats were so high up it felt like we could plummet, it was totally worth it.
  • Bears victory! I may have missed the majority of the game but that's ok.  
  • Chinese food + veggin' with friends.
All in all, a terrific weekend.  Add to it a 70+ degree November day and you've got some serious perfection going on.  I'd love to hear about your weekends!  Here's to a great week ahead of us, my friends.

10 comments:

m_b November 14, 2011 at 3:10 AM  

for feeling low, you sure did a lot! try lots of tea with honey and lemon, that might help your scratchy throat!

colleen November 14, 2011 at 4:57 AM  

thank you, thank you, thank you for adopting a dog! i worked in a shelter in college and it's something close to my heart - you will find an amazing dog for your family.

i know what you mean about being on the verge of getting sick - it's like make up your mind body, get sick or move on with it!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. November 14, 2011 at 7:16 AM  

YAH! i hope you find the perfect pup! how fun :) and biscuits and gravy is one of my all-time favorite breakfast! xoxo jillian:: StyleMint Giveaway!

Ashley November 14, 2011 at 7:23 AM  

Sounds like a great weekend! Homemade french toast yummm!

Leslie November 14, 2011 at 9:18 AM  

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm sorry that you were feeling slightly under the weather, but I'm happy that you were still able to enjoy yourself. That's so exciting that you're thinking seriously of adopting a dog!

stephanie November 14, 2011 at 10:20 AM  

Sounds like a great weekend! We went to a Belgian beer fest and then spent the rest of the weekend hanging out at home. It was great.

Amber November 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM  

Best of luck on your puppy search. Cant wait to see who you decide to add to your family. Hope your scratchy throat clears up. Try drinking tea with lemon or gargle salt water (that one may be an old wives tale but its worth a shot).

A Crimson Kiss November 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

Sometimes you need a good spell on the couch-I second Marissa hot tea with lemon and honey suggestions, or a hot toddy to kick that thing back where it belongs! I can't wait to hear more about the adoption process-so exciting!

alli/hooray November 14, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

good luck with the puppy search, I hope to do that someday : )

Tang November 16, 2011 at 10:09 AM  

I love weekends filled with FOOD! :))) Hope that sickness holds off!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails