Good morning, lovelies! How were your weekends? Wonderful, I hope. Ours was pretty good - aside from the fact that I spent most of it just trudging through, feeling a little off. I still haven't become officially sick, but I can't tell if the fatigue and scratchy throat is going away or if it's just going to be kept at bay for awhile. Does this happen to any of you?
Anyway...'twas a good weekend. Some highlights include ::
- MEETING DOGGIES!! We're seriously starting the dog adoption process and on Friday evening we ventured down the street to meet a few pooches and to introduce ourselves to the foundation. They're on the look out for the perfect match and I couldn't be more thrilled!
- Cumberland Brews - we decided to go out to eat afterwards and enjoy some casual hang time with good people.
- Brunch - the husband's grandma came over and we served her biscuits + gravy. Seriously, he makes the best biscuits and gravy. He also watches a lot of Good Eats...
- Spending the afternoon going to LaGrange for furniture shopping and also the mall for other shopping. I can't remember the last time I can honestly say I went to the mall. It was enjoyable and we totally got some double doozies from the cookie store.
- Saturday night veg fest. Since I'm not feeling 100%, I opted to stay in on Saturday while the hubs went to a bourbon party. It was nice, I rested on the couch, knit, watched some of this and played some of that.
- Homemade french toast.
- U of L basketball! Raegan treated me with a ticket to the Louisville men's basketball game vs. Lamar. I loooove going to NCAA basketball games and she knew it. It seriously made my month! Even though the seats were so high up it felt like we could plummet, it was totally worth it.
- Bears victory! I may have missed the majority of the game but that's ok.
- Chinese food + veggin' with friends.
All in all, a terrific weekend. Add to it a 70+ degree November day and you've got some serious perfection going on. I'd love to hear about your weekends! Here's to a great week ahead of us, my friends.