My goodness, what a weekend. This post was supposed to be brought to you this morning, but due to unforeseen circumstances, that didn't happen. I'm happy to be back to normalcy now, back to routine, back to what we know. Because that means that everything is okay, we're all here and healthy and we can put some stuff behind us. Are you confused yet?! First, some highlights ::
- Our friends Hadley & Ryan came to visit us with their adorable son and incredible dog. They spent a few days with us, we laughed, we ate good food, drank good wine and played some fun games. It was a great time and I am so so happy they came. I miss them like crazy already!
- Saturday was spent in our pajamas watching college basketball - it was nice, even if all the teams we were rooting for didn't get the W.
- A champagne toast at home with friends started off our New Years Eve night, and Ghostbusters was on in the background to make us laugh.
- Zazoo's - we went to the bar for the night and listened to some good bands ring in the new year. When the countdown began, we had a free glass of champagne in our hands and balloons rained down on us when we reached 1. It was pretty much awesome. Then dancing broke out and a lot of fun was had.
- After I cleaned the kitchen like crazy, I found something we've been looking for for months now. A PUPPY!! To my surprise, the husband agreed to drive to etown and pick one out. I felt totally underprepared but both of us knew we had to just go for it. Kind of like having kids - you're never really fully ready, right?
- The most adorable German Shepherd/Beagle puppies were waiting for us, looking as adorable as possible. We picked the one who kept staring at me (and the one licking the hamper). She is so so so cute. She has a mainly black coat with a tan face and feet. With a wee bit of white on her. We are in love, needless to say. But we still haven't named her. She laid on my lap for most of the ride home, but the ride home was stopped because of what I was alluding to above.
We spent the remainder of Sunday night in the ER - not because of a wreck or anything, but because as my husband was driving us home, his muscles cramped up and his speech slurred. Luckily he pulled over right in time because it all happened so very fast. I called 911 but even though they said help was on the way, an ambulance didn't come for an hour. And they only came because I called back. Twice. Seriously, so many things are wrong with that. The one ambulance said they never received our dispatch. I really hope that's the case because if he were in serious danger (which who knew?) then he might not have been here today. They took him to the closest ER and there he spent the next 6 hours hooked up to an IV to try and retain fluids he had lost in the process. Poor guy. My heart completely broke seeing him laying on the hospital bed. Supposedly he was attacked by a stomach virus which left him completely dehydrated. It didn't help that NYE was the night before and we had had our fair share of booze. Followed by coffee, followed by greasy food (him, not me). Who knows what's to blame, but the lesson here is learned. HYDRATE, hydrate, HYDRATE! 24 hours later, he is doing fine. A little tired and weak, but fine. The puppy has the best aunt in the world, who took her home and got her food and toys. She also took her to the vet for us because the poor little thing hadn't been dewormed. Man. What a way to welcome the new year, eh?
So now here we are, resting in our home with our two furry children. Trying to think of the best name possible for our new little trooper. Who is lettting out cute little whimpers in her sleep.
Suggestions are welcome :)
Happy 2012, everyone. Hope your year is off to a better start than ours!