Another Long Weekend Recap

My goodness, what a weekend.  This post was supposed to be brought to you this morning, but due to unforeseen circumstances, that didn't happen.  I'm happy to be back to normalcy now, back to routine, back to what we know.  Because that means that everything is okay, we're all here and healthy and we can put some stuff behind us.  Are you confused yet?!  First, some highlights ::

  • Our friends Hadley & Ryan came to visit us with their adorable son and incredible dog.  They spent a few days with us, we laughed, we ate good food, drank good wine and played some fun games.  It was a great time and I am so so happy they came.  I miss them like crazy already!
  • Saturday was spent in our pajamas watching college basketball - it was nice, even if all the teams we were rooting for didn't get the W.
  • A champagne toast at home with friends started off our New Years Eve night, and Ghostbusters was on in the background to make us laugh.
  • Zazoo's - we went to the bar for the night and listened to some good bands ring in the new year.  When the countdown began, we had a free glass of champagne in our hands and balloons rained down on us when we reached 1.  It was pretty much awesome.  Then dancing broke out and a lot of fun was had.
  • After I cleaned the kitchen like crazy, I found something we've been looking for for months now.  A PUPPY!!  To my surprise, the husband agreed to drive to etown and pick one out.  I felt totally underprepared but both of us knew we had to just go for it.  Kind of like having kids - you're never really fully ready, right?  
  • The most adorable German Shepherd/Beagle puppies were waiting for us, looking as adorable as possible.  We picked the one who kept staring at me (and the one licking the hamper).  She is so so so cute.  She has a mainly black coat with a tan face and feet.  With a wee bit of white on her. We are in love, needless to say.  But we still haven't named her.  She laid on my lap for most  of the ride home, but the ride home was stopped because of what I was alluding to above.  

We spent the remainder of Sunday night in the ER - not because of a wreck or anything, but because as my husband was driving us home, his muscles cramped up and his speech slurred.  Luckily he pulled over right in time because it all happened so very fast.  I called 911 but even though they said help was on the way, an ambulance didn't come for an hour.  And they only came because I called back.  Twice.  Seriously, so many things are wrong with that.  The one ambulance said they never received our dispatch.  I really hope that's the case because if he were in serious danger (which who knew?) then he might not have been here today.  They took him to the closest ER and there he spent the next 6 hours hooked up to an IV to try and retain fluids he had lost in the process.  Poor guy.  My heart completely broke seeing him laying on the hospital bed.  Supposedly he was attacked by a stomach virus which left him completely dehydrated.  It didn't help that NYE was the night before and we had had our fair share of booze.  Followed by coffee, followed by greasy food (him, not me).  Who knows what's to blame, but the lesson here is learned.  HYDRATE, hydrate, HYDRATE!  24 hours later, he is doing fine.  A little tired and weak, but fine.  The puppy has the best aunt in the world, who took her home and got her food and toys.  She also took her to the vet for us because the poor little thing hadn't been dewormed.  Man.  What a way to welcome the new year, eh?  

So now here we are, resting in our home with our two furry children.  Trying to think of the best name possible for our new little trooper.  Who is lettting out cute little whimpers in her sleep.  

Suggestions are welcome :)

Happy 2012, everyone.  Hope your year is off to a better start than ours!


Jenny in Ohio January 3, 2012 at 7:52 AM  

woah!! How scary! And how sucky that it took an ambulance and HOUR to get there! from what you described, I thought you were going to say he had a stroke or something- and if they'd taken that long, man...but yeah, lame.

So glad he is better and okay though. wow.

annelise January 3, 2012 at 8:05 AM  

Bloody hell, that's just a bit frightening! Glad it all worked out, but yikes.

Yay for the puppy! It's so hard to name pets, I have no suggestions but am looking forward to hearing what you decide!

Johanna January 3, 2012 at 8:26 AM  

Oh my goodness! I was getting worried as I started to read this post. Glad the husband is ok! Who takes that long to get to an emergency? Wow...

hey happy new year and yea for puppies! Snuggle up!

Leslie January 3, 2012 at 8:31 AM  

What a weekend. I'm glad your husband is okay, but that is certainly scary. It's also absolutely ridiculous that emergency help took so long to arrive. I cannot imagine how horrifying that experience must have been.

On another note, congratulations on your new puppy and happy naming!

Mandy Crandell January 3, 2012 at 8:46 AM  

Crazy! So glad to hear that he's all right. I can't imagine how frightening that must have been.

rooth January 3, 2012 at 10:43 AM  

Wow - I am so glad that he is okay and recovering. New puppy! That is freaking awesome - share pictures.

Alexa January 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM  

Wow. What a whirlwind...glad your husband is better, so scary and glad there is a cute little puppy to cuddle with! :)

Amber January 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM  

oh my goodness. Well first off I am so happy your husband is alright. That would have shaken me up terribly. Secondly how in the world could it have taken an hour to get to him!! Thats ridiculous. Is there somewhere where you can file a complaint? I mean whoever took your call should be reprimanded.

In happy news, I am thrilled you got yourself a pup! Post pics soon!

Erin January 3, 2012 at 2:24 PM  

My goodness! I'm so sorry to hear that! Yesterday we found out that my father-in-law was in the hospital because he had pnemonia. What is going on here 2012?? I hope your husband is feeling better asap!

la petite coquine January 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM  

Oh my goodness, Mo-thank goodness he's okay! I'm glad you guys are back to normal too, even if that includes a brand new furball! We need photos before we can help with names-it's all in the ears, I say!

Mo Pie, Please January 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM  

Thank you so much everyone - you are all so sweet!

abigail January 3, 2012 at 3:52 PM  

oh my goodness! I'm glad everything turned out ok!

And yay for furry babies. They're the best.

Maggie January 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM  

dude! what?? Crazy-town! So glad Badge is better and you have a snuggly little lady to make you feel better. Congrats on that note! Miss you tons! Happy New Year!!

Michelle a.k.a. Farmchick January 3, 2012 at 5:47 PM  

Glad to hear it all worked out, but how scary.

Katie January 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM  

That is really scary. I cannot believe it took that long for an ambulance to get to you.
But hooray for the puppy! Do we get to see a picture? Maybe when she's named?

shellie January 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM  

holy crap im so sorry. how scary for you guys. unfortunately i think that happens a lot with 911. when you call on your cel its dispatched to the sherriff or the highway patrol and re routed. thankfully he is okay.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!


Related Posts with Thumbnails