After being dazzled all night by the Golden Globes, it's hard to return back to reality today. Did you watch? I found it enjoyable and particularly loved seeing Octavia Spencer win best supporting actress for her role as Minny in The Help. I am so glad she played the role instead of Queen Latifah (phew) - and she most definitely deserved to win. What are your thoughts about the Globes? Best dressed? Worst dressed? And most importantly - how were your weekends? Mine was rather lovely. Some highlights include ::
- Friday night mexican food + margaritas! You know how this goes, chips + salsa, margaritas, cheesy deliciousness.
- Chill time w/Stevie - this happened pretty much nonstop throughout the weekend and it was awesome all around. Her aunt came over to hang out and giggled over her all night.
- Both Saturday + Sunday mornings were spent in pj's til lunch time, reading books and magazines while sipping coffee and petting the pups. With occassional (okay, very often) trips out to the yard.
- I didn't leave the house Saturday at all and on Sunday, it was only for a quick trip to get cat food. I loved it.
- Good Will Hunting - I had only seen this movie once and it was in the late 90s, so thanks to Netflix instant watch we were delighted.
- Sweet curry, biscuits and gravy, chili. Mmm, mmm, mmm.
- No more cords exposed - okay, this sounds weird, right? But husband is the best - per my request (begging) he puppy-proofed/aided my neurosis and mounted the power strip and all the cords (with command hooks) to the back of our media console AND we finally organized the top and arranged it just right. Now if only we could get around to actually rehabbing the console.
- Golden Globes!
Here's to a good week ahead! My sir is away on business so it's just me and Stevie pup until late Wednesday. Wish me luck - it's the first time she's alone all work day. I could be done for ;)
PS - isn't she cuuuute?