Weekend Recap


After being dazzled all night by the Golden Globes, it's hard to return back to reality today.  Did you watch? I found it enjoyable and particularly loved seeing Octavia Spencer win best supporting actress for her role as Minny in The Help.  I am so glad she played the role instead of Queen Latifah (phew) - and she most definitely deserved to win.  What are your thoughts about the Globes? Best dressed? Worst dressed?  And most importantly - how were your weekends?  Mine was rather lovely.  Some highlights include ::

  • Friday night mexican food + margaritas!  You know how this goes, chips + salsa, margaritas, cheesy deliciousness.  
  • Chill time w/Stevie - this happened pretty much nonstop throughout the weekend and it was awesome all around.  Her aunt came over to hang out and giggled over her all night.  
  • Both Saturday + Sunday mornings were spent in pj's til lunch time, reading books and magazines while sipping coffee and petting the pups.   With occassional (okay, very often) trips out to the yard.
  • I didn't leave the house Saturday at all and on Sunday, it was only for a quick trip to get cat food.  I loved it.
  • Good Will Hunting - I had only seen this movie once and it was in the late 90s, so thanks to Netflix instant watch we were delighted.
  • Sweet curry, biscuits and gravy, chili.  Mmm, mmm, mmm.  
  • No more cords exposed - okay, this sounds weird, right?  But husband is the best - per my request (begging) he puppy-proofed/aided my neurosis and mounted the power strip and all the cords (with command hooks) to the back of our media console AND we finally organized the top and arranged it just right.  Now if only we could get around to actually rehabbing the console.
  • Golden Globes!  

Here's to a good week ahead!  My sir is away on business so it's just me and Stevie pup until late Wednesday.  Wish me luck - it's the first time she's alone all work day.  I could be done for ;)

PS - isn't she cuuuute?





18 comments:

AbbieBabble January 16, 2012 at 7:38 AM  

Too cute.

Sounds like a lovely weekend!

Michelle January 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM  

I confess that I didn't even watch the globes. I rarely watch tv anymore, but kind of by accident. Always doing other things. Your weekend sounds a bit like mine. Always nice to have some down time.

Stacey January 16, 2012 at 8:36 AM  

great pics. i watched a bit of the red carpet and i saw this morning that Octavia won for best supporting actress. so happy for her and she deserves it!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. January 16, 2012 at 8:49 AM  

your pup is so sweet! sounds like you had a cozy comfy weekend...bisuits?! yes please! and YES octavia was amazing as minny, so glad she took home an award! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

colleen January 16, 2012 at 9:10 AM  

so cute. and i love good will hunting - it's in my top 5 movies of all time. robin williams' speech about going to war/watching his wife die - gets me every time.

Anna @ IHOD January 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM  

she is adorable.
And I agree. SO happy Abileen won best supporting actress. So worth of that title!!

The Olive Tree Blog January 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM  

she is super cute! I watched the globes...of course!!

Alexa January 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM  

Oh I love her. And now I want Mexican and margaritas!

Ashleigh January 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM  

Aww, so stinkin' cute.

I did watch the GG's, least favorite dress - Sarah Michelle Gellar, it looked like a white sheet that had been washed accidentally with new denim. Favorite dress - Jessica Alba, that color & sparkle were amazing on her!

Biscuits & Gravy!!! MMMM, jealous! :)

Unknown January 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM  

ahh...she is adorable! your weekend sounds so similar to mine...extremely low key & lots of pj time :) XO brynn

Amber January 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM  

I had more to say before I saw the pic of your pup. Now all I can think about is how cute that little puppy is and how i want one.

A Crimson Kiss January 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM  

What an absolutely fabulous weekend! Sometimes nothing beats curling up inside for days!c

Jennifer January 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM  

Oh, that Stevie is one sweet pup! I love weekends like that; in the winter, I find myself thinking up reasons not to leave my warm & cosy apartment. Total relaxation.

rooth January 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM  

Mexican food and margaritas - recipe for a successful weekend!

Anonymous,  January 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM  

Octavia Spencer winning was definitely the highlight on the entire night for me, she was so amazing! Sounds like a delightful weekend you had, and I just love that old photo!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY January 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM  

Hello and Happy New Year, Meagan! Good Will Hunting is one of my all time favs. I had a friend who worked for Miramax at the time and she invited me to watch the screening w/ the film critics. Just a fun old NY memory.

Love watching all the awards shows! I used to go see everything that's nominated for Best Film but now w/ a little one I'm good to see 2 movies a year. Although, Girl W/ Dragon Tattoo...so glad we got out to see that one!

Hope all is well w/ you! xo

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails