Thursday is Random


With the weather warming up, my mind has been on all things outdoors.  I really want to be able to fully decorate our screened-in back porch but it is currently being used as a shed (until we have a proper shed, which might be awhile considering how expensive it is to build one).  I have high hopes for this back porch of ours.  High hopes indeed.  


This morning, a Facebook friend of mine posted a link to this blog post and I really felt the need to pass it along.  My oldest niece is quickly becoming a teenager, and I really agree with just about everything the author had to say.  Teenage girls need to hear this stuff over and over, don't you agree?


I'm a big fan of maps - especially personalized ones, so when I ran across this personalized map of the United States of America according to...by Hands Workshop, I fell for it.  I'm not quite sure how I would personalize it though.  I've lived in 3 different states in my life and have visited many.  How would you even decide?!


Oh sweet Anthropologie dress, won't you be mine?  



I'm also rather obsessed with lighting these days.  I really want to string cafe lights all over the place and buy all new lighting for indoors.  Just more to lust after, right?


Last, don't forget to enter the giveaway! Time is running out before a lucky winner is picked to receive a bag of awesomeness from Kristen Solecki!

Happy Thursday, everyone!

13 comments:

Morgan March 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM  

I NEED that Anthro dress in my life. It's gorgeous!!!

Kyla March 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM  

That Anthro dress is amazing! And that map project is so fun! I'm not entirely sure how I would personalize it either, but it's a neat idea!

Jaime @ laviejaime March 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM  

that Anthro dress can jump in my closet too! :) happy thursday!

Alexa March 29, 2012 at 12:35 PM  

Love the map! The hat is so so cool.

Mandy Crandell March 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM  

Very pretty dress!

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

alli/hooray March 29, 2012 at 2:03 PM  

Still waiting for the (teen girls) blog post to load but thanks for sharing. And I love those outdoor lights - I can't wait to put up ours!

Erica March 29, 2012 at 3:34 PM  

love the industrial lighting. i'm looking for some interesting ones for our new apartment that we're moving into next month.

oh, and personalized maps - swooooon.

A Crimson Kiss March 29, 2012 at 5:04 PM  

That post for teenage girls is pretty amazing–I think even we grown ups need to hear that stuff from time to time!

Jess March 29, 2012 at 6:26 PM  

Eeep! I love that screen door! And yes, that Anthro dress is fantastic!

Michelle March 29, 2012 at 7:09 PM  

Love that dress + personalized maps. Just pulled up the link to the article to read. Love these "random" posts :)

Michelle March 29, 2012 at 7:54 PM  

I adore that first shot. Totally me kind of decor.

April March 29, 2012 at 8:14 PM  

That porch looks so cool. The house I'm moving into has a big backyard that I can't wait to "decorate" lol

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails