Friday is Fancy + Have an Amazing Weekend!

April Showers


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8

Happy Friday, everyone!  This week has flown by and I've been definitely been a social butterfly.  I've had a lot of fun these last few weeks and the fun isn't ending any time soon.  We've got some great company coming in from Chicago (who will also be rooting on the Jayhawks), some garden beds to finally be built before they arrive and tons of sunshine in the forecast.  Speaking of sunshine, there is no rain in the forecast, so this week's FF's seems a little out of place.  But it won't be long until it's appropriate, I'm sure.  

On rainy days, it's fun to dress the part.  A good pair of Hunters really works wonders if you're forced to be out trudging through the puddles.  I have yet to wear my Hunters in awhile (anybody else feel funny walking in them sometimes? Just me, cause I'm so short? Okay) but that doesn't mean I don't love them.  If I had this Steven Alan rain jacket I'd be sporting it on rainy days or not (even though we haven't needed jackets much as of late).  

I think the month of March mistook itself for April this year.  All of the April showers that should bring May flowers have already completed their cycle.  My bright and beautiful tulips are already starting to die off for pete's sake!  But I digress.

What have you planned for this weekend?  Will you be watching basketball?  Honestly, it's all I can think about.  I'm so proud of KU and their ability to show everyone wrong and bust those brackets.  They haven't played their best - that is, up until the game against UNC - but they'll finish strong.  And if only we could witness one of the biggest upsets in history -  U of L whooping UK!  Could it happen? I think I'd cry tears of joy if so.  Go Jayhawks! Go Cards!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!  Don't forget to enter the giveaway! It goes until Sunday at 10 p.m. est, so get your comments in before it's too late!

21 comments:

Amber March 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM  

rain boots are one thing I really need to buy but I never think about buying them until its raining which is a little late and then the sun comes out and I forget about them again. Its a vicious cycle.

henning love March 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM  

love this entire outfit meagan!! seriously it is so cute and that red top for me brings the entire outfit together. have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown March 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM  

Love the anchor earrings and the MK bag! It's all in the details ;) Have a great weekend! xoxo, morgan

Gloria March 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM  

I haven't been a fan of all the recent rain, but I do love those cute anchor earrings!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip March 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM  

Sounds like things are going great for you - good!

I love this outfit - everything about it :)

siddathornton March 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM  

loving that colorful umbrella! and of course that MK bag! super cute.

- l

Kyla March 30, 2012 at 2:29 PM  

My rain boots are a trusty pair I bought at target a few years ago...they've gotten some mileage on them! I always feel fun when I get to wear them, they're definitely a staple wardrobe item.

rooth March 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM  

My Hunters really came in handy in San Francisco because it wouldn't stop raining! Now, i just need some welly socks

Miss Amy March 30, 2012 at 2:50 PM  

I'm all about the baseball this weekend! Spring training here in Arizona! :)

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling March 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM  

Love this look! The orange umbrella adds that "pop" of color. Those earrings are the cutest! Happy Weekend!

Johanna March 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM  

What a sweet outfit. I especially like the rain clouds. Perfect touch.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. March 30, 2012 at 4:54 PM  

sounds like a fun weekend! keep us posted on that garden! i hate when i have work pants that puff up with hunter boots on.. akward. ah well LOVE those little earrings, v cute. have a great weekend!! xoxo

little luxury list March 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM  

Oh how I love tulips in the spring and it is funny that they came so early in your area!
I used to feel funny wearing my rain boots but still love them!

Have a lovely weekend!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Stephanie March 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM  

I love that bag!!! Have fun with your company!

Kelsey March 31, 2012 at 1:26 PM  

I need a rain jacket so badly. I always just throw on a hoodie haha but this jacket is so cute and functional.

Test March 31, 2012 at 6:22 PM  

i can't wait to take my hunters out for a walk... ha! Happy weekend!

sorelle in style April 1, 2012 at 5:57 PM  

This list definitely came in handy for us - it's pouring here today! Love all of your picks! :)

♡j
sorelle in style | $100 SHOPBOP GIVEAWAY

Mandy Crandell April 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM  

Great rainy day outfit! The hoodie is so cute. :)

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

jen April 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM  

love the outfit! that MK purse is just gorgeous!!!

life spelled jen

Val Fox April 3, 2012 at 2:01 AM  

Sounds like a lot of fun stuff coming up for you! Maybe you'll get a surprise rain shower in there somewhere so you can wear something similar to your FF. I really love everything! I've got little anchor earrings like that!

another feather April 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM  

That rain jacket is perfeccct!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails