Good morning, everyone. Welcome to Monday...again. What a crazy weekend it was. Since I checked out on Friday morning, tornadoes threatened to destroy our community to start the weekend and winter weather decided to end it. My heart goes out to the communities destroyed by Friday's outbreak. Honestly, it was terrifying. I'm so thankful to have been left alone and to have our family in Indiana untouched as well. What a heart-pounder of a day. Other than that, some highlights include ::
- Clifton's pizza and homemade pie kitchen ice cream - yumminess x10
- Friday night we watched funny tv. Because we had to. I had to. I needed to laugh and chill out after being worked up all afternoon!
- Barton Distillery - We went to Bardstown, KY for a bourbon distillery tour and tasting. We learned a lot about bourbon and enjoyed tasting Very Old Barton and 1792. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon if I do say so.
- College basketball and Miller Lite - unfortunately Louisville lost (not surprised) but KU won! It was a great season ender!
- Puppy play time - her buddy Murphy came over for some wrestling and barking. We did not enjoy her barking but the wrestling was cute.
- Did anyone else enjoy that SNL skit about the Real Housewives of Disney? That was the only redeeming one that Lilo had in her. My God, prepare yourself next time!
- Girl Scout Cookies! We went to the grocery store and as we were checking out I noticed some bright green badges in the exit. I quickly opted for cash back and hightailed it on over to buy some thin mints, tagalongs and samoas.
- Mexican food + friends - delicious shrimp and bean tacos, garlicky guac and yellow tomato salsa. Nom.
For the sake of my stomach, it's a good thing its Monday again. I've been eating like a horse and drinking like a fish. Here's hoping it's a good week ahead!