Weekend Recap


Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to Monday...again.  What a crazy weekend it was.  Since I checked out on Friday morning, tornadoes threatened to destroy our community to start the weekend and winter weather decided to end it.  My heart goes out to the communities destroyed by Friday's outbreak.  Honestly, it was terrifying.  I'm so thankful to have been left alone and to have our family in Indiana untouched as well.  What a heart-pounder of a day.  Other than that, some highlights include ::

  • Clifton's pizza and homemade pie kitchen ice cream - yumminess x10
  • Friday night we watched funny tv.  Because we had to.  I had to.  I needed to laugh and chill out after being worked up all afternoon!
  • Barton Distillery - We went to Bardstown, KY for a bourbon distillery tour and tasting.  We learned a lot about bourbon and enjoyed tasting Very Old Barton and 1792.  Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon if I do say so.
  • College basketball and Miller Lite - unfortunately Louisville lost (not surprised) but KU won!  It was a great season ender!
  • Puppy play time - her buddy Murphy came over for some wrestling and barking.  We did not enjoy her barking but the wrestling was cute.
  • Did anyone else enjoy that SNL skit about the Real Housewives of Disney?  That was the only redeeming one that Lilo had in her.  My God, prepare yourself next time!
  • Girl Scout Cookies! We went to the grocery store and as we were checking out I noticed some bright green badges in the exit.  I quickly opted for cash back and hightailed it on over to buy some thin mints, tagalongs and samoas.  
  • Mexican food + friends - delicious shrimp and bean tacos, garlicky guac and yellow tomato salsa.  Nom.

For the sake of my stomach, it's a good thing its Monday again.  I've been eating like a horse and drinking like a fish.  Here's hoping it's a good week ahead!

13 comments:

Chrissy March 5, 2012 at 8:45 AM  

I have heard so much about the tornadoes everywhere and my prayers go out to everyone! How terrible!

Ah, GS cookies, we miss them dearly here in Germany! My daughter Leonie was a Girl Scout for 3 years and we really miss it! Happy Monday xxx

Mandy Crandell March 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM  

Glad you and your family are safe! Friday was a scary day. So sad for those who were caught in the middle of it.

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Corinna March 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM  

I loved the skit of the Disney Housewives, pretty funny. And the distillery sounds pretty cool, I have yet to experience such a thing!

Carol {Everyday Delights} March 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM  

Its just so sad to see all the damage on tv. Glad you weren't affected.

Alexa March 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM  

You had me at puppy play time and girl scout cookies. :) On another note, the devastation from the tornadoes is so scary...my heart hurts for those who have been affected. xo

Leslie March 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM  

It's amazing how much damage a tornado can do so quickly. I'm glad you and your family are safe. It sounds like you were able to have some good moments (and food!) over the weekend at least. :)

A Crimson Kiss March 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM  

So glad you're all okay–what a scary day! It sounds like the weekend was the perfect antidote to all that adrenaline–tacos and TV and booze, oh my!

Amber March 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM  

happy to hear you and your family made it through the tornadoes without any damage. I did see that Disney sketch and thought it was hilarious, but as for Lindsey I think she pretty much bombed.

April March 5, 2012 at 4:39 PM  

I had some girl scout cookies this weekend, too. Om nom nom!

liza March 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM  

I'm so glad to hear you are OK! And very sad for those who are not. We have some thin mints here!

Michelle March 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM  

I love Bardstown, such an historic place. I have to say that Makers Mark is by far, my favorite distillery tour.

Tiffany from HOLIDAY March 8, 2012 at 3:55 AM  

Oh, I just hated to see what those tornadoes did. So happy all that you know are OK!

I agree...that was the only SNL skit that was good! I still don't get who she was on - is she in an upcoming movie? I mean, I get that she's having her 17th comeback - but....

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails