The Science of Dreams

When The Science of Sleep came out in 2006, I read an article in a magazine about the idea behind the film.  I can't seem to recall the magazine and I'm certainly not able to quote it word for word but something that Michel Gondry said in that article really stuck with me.  Basically, dreams are f***ing crazy.  You can go to sleep, have a crazy intense dream involving a random person and wake up completely in love with them.  That's what happened to me early this morning.

Again, sorry baby...

I woke up this morning completely head over heels in love with Jon Stewart.  GAH!  WHY!?

Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and I were all in the same hotel and had been working on something together (why wasn't the dream focused on that part?).  After we all went to our individual hotel rooms, he invited me over and well...that is when things got weird and I don't want to overshare or hurt my husband's feelings, etc.  But it was intense and weird and damn it, I can't shake it.  Damn you, Jon Stewart!


6 comments:

hip hip gin gin September 3, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

That picture totally cracked me up! I absolutely agree about that aspect of dreams though, and have definitely had that "can't shake it" experience. It feels so odd, and depending on what (or who) the dream was about can be really annoying. The human brain and its power to mess with us never ceases to amaze me.

A Crimson Kiss September 3, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

This is too funny, and that picture is hysterical. Dreams can certainly be vivid, although I usually picture my sweetheart engaging in extracurricular activities instead of myself. Trust me, that's not the kind of thing you can shake off easily!

abigail September 3, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

Ha! that sounds like a great dream!

oh,henry! September 3, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

i'm having so much fun reading about your dreams! and i can totally relate to most of things you say. for instance, i had this weird dreams for some time about my boyfriend - he'd say or do something that hurt me and i'd wake up wanting to kill him and he'd be all sweet to me... and it's a feeling you can't get rid of until the next day. so in a way, i'd say you're lucky.

stephiejane September 3, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

oh my! hahahaha now that's funny :) and that picture, oh john......

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails