This is no good...


I think this image pretty much sums up my weekend.  Instead of having that sweet weekend that I wrote about on Friday, I ended up spending my entire weekend on the couch, sick as can be.  I got hit hard at the worst time, and I'm sad about it.  Nope, I didn't get to go to that adorable baby shower I have been so excited about for months.  I didn't get to spend as much time with Raegan as I would have liked.  But I did get to see a lot of TV over the weekend (da Bears!)....which really doesn't make me feel good about things.  I've slept soooo much since Friday and while I don't have what could only be the flu anymore, I am suffering from the lingering effects of the ugly winter sickness that inevitably pays a visit every January.  Luckily I've got the best man in the world who took such great care of me all weekend long.  

So I'm spending today on the couch again, trying to muster up some energy for the week ahead.  Thank goodness for a DVR and Netflix on demand!

PS - we watched The Town on Saturday night and it was really good.  If you like suspenseful drama/action movies or if you just like a little eye candy (hello FBI Agent Frawley) then you should take the time to watch it.  It's not a movie I would typically add to the top of our queue the moment it came out on dvd but I'm glad I did.

11 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace January 17, 2011 at 1:16 PM  

Sorry your sick. My husband is just starting to feel a bit under the weather (he never gets sick) and I think it's hitting me too.
I loved that movie, thought the acting was absolutely out of this world.

Melanie's Randomness January 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM  

I'm usually sick every weekend in the winter. *Knock on wood* This year i'm lucky but it'll come i know it. Please feel better dear!

Melanie's Randomness

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket January 17, 2011 at 1:29 PM  

Feel Better! I think there is a bug going around. My husband and I working on Dead like me- series on instant watch on netflix. so good! If you like dexter or true blood. :)

Megan @ Pink O'Clock January 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM  

aw, so sorry you're sick -- sending tons of good healthy wishes your way! xoxo, feel better, my dear!

Natalie January 17, 2011 at 1:36 PM  

sad :( hope you feel better this week!

liza January 17, 2011 at 1:39 PM  

Oh, I'm so sorry you are sick! I hope you feel better soon.

JMay January 17, 2011 at 2:24 PM  

Aww, boo! Feel better soon lady!

Unknown January 17, 2011 at 3:50 PM  

Thanks everyone! I hope I'm on the up and up here...I haven't left the house in quite awhile and I actually have a double date tomorrow that I hope I'm healthy enough to enjoy!

Virginie's Cinema January 17, 2011 at 6:09 PM  

Yikes, I hope you feel better (and get to go on that double date). Sending lots of positive healthy vibes :)

Brandi January 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM  

I'm so sorry to hear you've been so sick lately. 'Tis the season, it seems. At least you had a nice movie night to break up the monotony of being stuck at home and not feeling well. Feel better soon!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY January 18, 2011 at 2:35 PM  

so sad to hear you missed out on something you were so excited about! i'm SO sick and tired of being so sick and tired, too! i have a bad cold/cough right now, my husband is getting over the same stomache flu that stella had last week that i had the week before. it's NEVER ending! i need some sunshine on my house, please! i'll send it your way, too! xo

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails